11. Feelings 😔

I opened my eyes only to find myself still lying on the floor where I fainted. Except, my head was on Ian's lap. He sat on the floor; his back and head rested against the wall, his eyes were closed peacefully. One of his hands held a cloth to my neck.

I took some time to admire him. He looked so peaceful, which is different from the stoned face Ian I've grown accustomed to.

I sighed and struggled to get up, which was much harder than I thought given my current weak state. He helped me to a sitting position. I closed my eyes and struggled to catch my breath, the movement took alot out of me, no one said a word. I opened my eyes only to find myself captivated by those beautiful green orbs.

"Whatever questions you have, I'll do my best to answer them." My voice came out as a mere whisper.

"We haven't seen each other in two centuries and that's all you have to say?" He scowled.

"What do you want me to say?" I asked, tiredly.

"How about an explanation, or the fact that you've been back for I don't know how long and didn't bother to look for me!" He raised his voice.

"What do you want from me, an apology? Fine, I'm sorry!" I yelled, anger getting the best of me.

"No, Isabel, I don't want an apology, I want an explanation!"

"An explanation!" I yelled. "I didn't know if you stil..." I cut myself off. A few minutes of silence followed, I couldn't look him in the eyes so I stared at the floor.

"You didn't know if I still loved you?" Ian asked, like it was the most confusing question in the world.

"You said it yourself, it's been two centuries. For all I know you could have moved on already. I wasn't even sure if you loved me to begin with." I whispered the last part.

"What?" Hurt flashed across his features. "Why would you think that?" He asked, softly.

"I don't know." I said honestly. "When we were together I had my doubts about you. Come on, you can't tell me that after all of these years you pine for me and only me."

He stared at me, studying me. His gaze made me uncomfortable. I was going to say something, but his lips cut me off. His hands rested at both sides of my head, as our lips moved softly against each other. I wanted to resist, but the memories we made together. T he softness of his lips, the way his arms made me feel safe, these things made me return his kiss with the same amount of passion he put into his. After we broke apart he looked straight into my eyes as he asked.

"Does that answer your question?"

I didn't answer him because I felt like I couldn't move. My head was spinning and my body slowly slid to my left because I didn't have enough energy to to keep it up. Ian quickly slid his arms under me and lifted me off the floor. He took me to a bedroom, which I assumed was his, and gently got me settled. My eyes were already closing by the time he pulled the covers over me. He bent down and give me a quick, gentle kiss on the lips.

"Sleep well, love." I smiled at the old name he used to call me. I closed my eyes and fell into a deep slumber.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

The sun was really starting to annoy me. I opened my eyes ad decided to get up. I stood up a little too fast because the world spun around me. I fell back and landed in a sitting position on the bed. The door opened and Ezra walked in with a tray of food.

"You're awake, finally. " She said.

"I slept through the night?" I asked.

"Night? You've been asleep for a day. You fainted the day before yesterday. " Ezra corrected. "You need to eat something, your body is weak right now." She said, putting the tray on the night stand .

"Where's Ian?" I asked. The last thing I needed was for him to get into more trouble.

"He's around. Eat something. " She ordered.

"Yes, mother." I responded, dryly.

After I finished my meal I went to find Ian. That idiot was sitting on the porch. I sat down next to him.

"What are you doing out of bed?" He asked.

""Why does it concern you?" I snapped.

"You're angry." He observed, turning to look at me.

"Really, I didn't notice."

"Why?" He asked.

He actually has the audacity to ask that?

"You bit me! You drank my blood! You filthy insect!"

"Insect?" He chuckled.

"Of all the years I have spent on this earth you are the only vampire that has ever fed off of me!"

"I'm glad that I was your first." He smiled.

"You are so annoying. " I said as I glared, wishing I could slap that smug smile off of his face.

"Oh, Isabel, my love. How I've missed that dirty mouth of yours." He laughed. I couldn't help but smile. I've missed his laugh so much. "Are you done staring?" He smirked.

"Shut up." I grumbled.

I don't know how far our relationship will go, or if we will even have one, but in this moment I didn't care. I just wanted to pretend everything was okay, just for a little while.