19. Adelina 🙆

"Mine. "

That word shocked us all.  That girl is his mate, that's why he was sniffing so much. Werewolves are very possessive creatures, especially Alphas. There is nothing more terrifying and dangerous than Alpha seeing another man touch what's his.

Xavier made that clear when he jumped out from behind the tree and kill all three of them,  one by one.  They didn't stand a chance. Xavier acted like a man possessed, a man out for murder.

The girl fell to the ground and scooted away from us. Xavier made a horrible first impression, covered in blood, eyes full of rage, he looked nothing short of a psycho. When he saw the bruises on her skin, it took Luke, Xander and Ian to hold him back from going on a murder rampage.

While they were trying to cool him down I slowly went to her. She was shaking furiously.  I approached her how I would a scared animal, slowly, with caution, hands out in surrender, showing that I meant no harm.

"W-what do you w-want?"  Her small voice stuttered.

"We just want to help." I said slowly.

"H-he killed them." She said, breathing hard, pointing at Xavier.  It was obvious she was in shock.

"Those were bad people, weren't they? They hurt you?" She nodded hesitantly . "He was just trying to help. He went a little crazy, but I promise we just want to help." I said, extending my hand to her. She hesitated but allowed us to take her back to our camp.

When we got back to camp and she saw the soldiers, her eyes widened and she whimpered in fear. I quickly assured her that no one wanted to hurt her. She wouldn't let any of the males near her, including Xavier. This hurt him deeply, but he managed to hide it.

I cleaned her up. She had a couple of bruises and scrapes on her arms, but the real damage was done to her back and thighs. Judging from this and the way she shied away from men, she was sexually abused or badly beaten by men, or both.

"What's your name?" I asked politely.

"Adelina." She said softly.

I introduced everyone,  at the mention of Xavier's name she looked up at him and then quickly looked away. She was still scared of him. Hurt passed over Xavier's features.

"Can we ask you some questions, or are you too tired?"

"I'm fine." She replied, looking at the fire.

"Why were you with those men?"

"I was being moved. They were taking me to the man in charge. "

"Do you know who the man is?"

"I don't know his name. Everyone just calls him Alpha."

"A rogue pack?" I asked no one in particular.

"It would make sense." Xander said. Since the vampires took over, if you're not in a pack, you're dead. Lone wolves can't make it."

"So the Rogues decided to stick together?" I asked.

"Seems that way." Xander replied.

"What's a rogue?" Adelina asked.

"They are wolves that did such evil crimes that they were kicked out of their packs." Luke piped in, glad to make use of his newly found knowledge.

"Well you've certainly made use of our books." Xander said.

"I couldn't let the opportunity go to waste. " Luke grinned.

"Wolves?  Packs? " Adelina asked, still confused.

"Adelina, how much do you know about werewolves?"

"What are werewolves? "

"How long have they had you for?" Ian asked.

"I don't know. Since the longest I can remember."

"I knew you smelled different."  Xander said, more to himself than to anyone.

"Sorry." Adelina said in embarrassment. "I haven't been allowed to clean myself for a while now."

" That's not what I meant. " Xander chuckled. "There is silver in your blood,  I can smell it. They probably put it in your food or drink,  or injected you with it. Either way,  it's in your blood. That's how they were able to keep you captive for so long,  because it makes you weak." Xander then turned to us. "That's why she can't access her wolf. "

"What would they want with her?" I asked.

"Slave,  punching bag,  who knows. Rogues are vicious creatures." Xander answered.

Adelina stifled.a yawn.

"That's enough for tonight . You should go to sleep." I said to her.

She glanced at.Xavier and at the other males. Her face contorted into fear. "B-but..."

"No one is going.to touch you. I promise."

She hesitated but eventually lied.down, the tiredness getting the best of her.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

"Stop staring at her, you're creeping me out." I told Xavier. he's been staring.at.her since she fell asleep, which was at least an.hour ago. that's creepy.

Xander was.educating Luke on the history of werewolves and Ian was already in our sleeping bag. I couldn't tell if he was sleeping but his eyes were closed .

"I have so many questions ." He sighed,running.his hand down his face tiredly.

"Don't we all.  There is nothing you can do right now. So just try and get some sleep, okay?"

"I'll try." He promised.

"So what? A new girl shows up and suddenly I'm replaced ?" I joked.

"Never." He said, throwing an arm over my shoulders, smirking at me.  "what's better than having two girls," He gestured to Adelina and myself. " all to.myself?" He waggled his brows at me.

I laughed and pushed him away from me .

We talked for a bit more until he calmed down enough to go to sleep.

I.crawled.into the sleeping bag and laid next to Ian. His arms instantly wrapped around me and brought me closer to him. I snuggled into his chest and welcomed.the warm.his body had to offer.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

"Isabel." My eyelids opened halfway. I thought I heard someone whisper my name. I must have dreamt it.  I closed my eyes again.

"Isabel."

This time I shot up. That wasn't  a dream . I heard it again. An eerie whisper coming from the dark spooky forest. This is horror movie kind of stuff . I thought of waking Ian but decided against it. It's probably Jerome. I made sure I had my stakes and a lamp and ventured off to find the whisper.

I walked until the whisper stopped. I was surrounded by trees . It was cold and foggy. I looked back, but I couldn't see our camp site . Yep, definitely horror movie material.

Something knocked me.down, pinning me to the ground . I tried to reach my stake but my hands were pinned to my sides.

I looked at my captor and came face to.face with none other than Vernon, the pureblood that killed me .