8. Confusion 😕

"Ow!" I stumped my toe, I looked up at the others and said, "I'm fine." They all turned and continued on.

Since we left this morning I've been getting into accidents again and again. I swear, It's like the day just has it out for me.

BAM! I whimpered as I caressed my throbbing face. I walked into a tree. I actual walked into a tree. What idiot does that. Oh yeah, this idiot right here! I turned to the others. "I'm fine. " They continued on.

Tears poured out of my eyes, I couldn't keep down my sobs. A tree branch hit me in the face. Why is it always the face? Why? I didn't even look at the others as I cried.

"Ara..."

"No, Luke. I'm fine." I said, my voice trembling. They all turned and continued on. Seriously? I know I said I was fine, but still, no persuasion? No, sit down and rest a bit, Arabelle? I can feel the love.

While walking, I tripped on a tree root and face planted on the ground all the while screaming like I was going to die.

I made no move to get up. I just laid there with my face buried in the dirt. Why the face?

I finally had to get up though, mostly because Luke was getting annoyed and threatened to give me a wedgie if I don't. 

While walking, I was deep in thought. If Ian covered me with a blanket that means he still cares. Right? This is so confusing. That is not him. The real him was no saint, but he wasn't this cold, hateful person. The Ian that I knew was calm, sweet and gentle. I know it sounds weird for a vampire to be all of those things, but he was just one of t he good ones.

I tripped over my own two feet, I was going to face plant into a rock, but before that happened, someone wrapped their arm around my waist and steadied me.

"Be careful, little one. " Ian said. He let go of me and walked ahead. My heart was pounding, the place where he touched left. alot of unwanted memories. My face was burning from embarrassment. I hope no one else notices.

"Why is your face so red?"

"Luke!" I squeaked. "Where did you come from? I thought you were in front. "

"I was, but I wanted to check on you, since you're such a clutz today."

"I am not a clutz." I mumbled.

"Are you sick or something? Your face is really red. " He placed a hand on my forehead "you feel hot as well." He stated.

"Ah, yeah, I think I caught something." I even threw in a fake cough.

"Do you want to stop for a bit?"

"No, it's fine."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. I promise. "

My mind soon drifted back to Ian . I want to tell him, but what if he reacts badly. Most importantly, what if he doesn't love me any more? What if he never did?