5. Journey 🗻

The walk afterwards was extremely silent. Not a typical awkward silence, but a Luke and Ian kept glaring at each other kind of silence, and me being the only one in the group strong enough to stop them if a fight ever broke out. Long story short , I had to look over them like their mother.

"I can't believe you're letting a vampire travel with us." Luke said harshly, not even bothering to whisper. "Are you mental or something? "

"You know, I've been asking myself that question for years." I replied honestly.

"Stop trying to change the subject." I glanced over at Ian, who was probably hearing the conversation but is just bored or chose to ignore us.

"We need him." I simply stated.

"Why?"

"I don't know yet."

"Does this have something to do with those dreams of yours? "

"Yes, I just don't know what. Besides, the more the merrier, right? "

"Not when the more might kill you in your sleep and feast on the blood of your children. " After saying that, Luke walked ahead next to Lily and the kids.

Wow. That was deep.

I glanced at Ian, who was at the far left of me, only to see him already looking at me. He smirked and then looked away, no doubt he heard the last part of the conversation.

It was getting dark so we decided to stop and camp for the night. We built a fire and heated up some of the canned food.

Later that night we all sat around the camp fire. Ezra and Elle were really getting along well with Luke and his family.

I took the time to observe everyone. Lily and the children barely spoke. The only time they talked was to Luke or with each other. They've been through a lot.

Ezra and Elle were slowly getting stronger. Ezra was the mature type. The type to never make a rash decision. While Elle was shy and cute around people.

After I got tired of observing I went over to Ian. He was on the log furthest away from us. I sat next to him and he chose to rudely ignore my presence.
He had his cooler that was filled with blood bags on his right while I was on his left.

Earlier, Ian decided to leave us to go rob a hospital. Since he can't go back to civilization for now because of the vampires that were looking for us, he decided to pack for the occasion.

He had one of his blood bags out and was slowly sipping it, while staring at the fire. Everyone else was asleep. There were no tents, but there were sleeping bags that we found back at the house. I was still awake because I was taking first watch.

"You knew about the spell. The one that could kill us ." I said.

"Yes." He answered without looking at me. "A long time ago Nathaniel wanted to carry out the extermination. But Isabel disrupted his plan. "

" So why didn't Nathaniel continue with his plan. Why wait until now?"

"Because he needed to do the spell. And to do so the sun and the moon needs to be one."

"An eclipse?" I asked.

He nodded.

"But hasn't there been other eclipses? So why...?"

"There were two spells. One was the spell that could kill the pure-blooded vampires. And the other was the extermination spell. I thought Isabel got rid of the extermination spell. But, obviously I was wrong."

"Isabel, who was she to you?" He turned to look me in the eyes.

"That is of no importance to you!" His former mood was long gone. It was replaced by an ice cold glare that was directed at me.

I ignored that and continued. "You loved her, didn't you?" His eyes were getting red and his breath was coming out in short pants. He was really angry, but I couldn't stop now. I didn't know why but it felt important. I had to know, I had to...

It was suddenly hard to breathe. I felt like someone was squeezing my lungs. My breath came out harsher. I fell on my knees and collapsed on my side.

The last thing I saw before darkness consumed me was the hatred the hatred that burned in Ian's eyes.