16. Pranks 😈

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"We are going to eat the best muffins ever made."

"You seriously took me away from Ian for stupid muffins?"

"Trust me." he said. He grabbed my hand and we broke out into a jog.

________________________________________________________________________________

We came to a stop at an average size house, with three bedroom and two bathrooms. Just like the rest of the houses here, it was small but had that homey feel to it. Xavier barged through the door like he owned the place, dragging me along with him.

"Eve, what's cooking?" Xavier asked very loudly.

"I'm not deaf ya know." a voice sounded from what I assumed was the Kitchen. We walked in that direction and was instantly hit the most delicious of smells. "You know what's cooking, I told you this morning." Eve said, clearly annoyed. Eve was a stunning woman, short black hair that complemented her face well, lovely brown eyes and a gorgeous figure. She looked to be in her mid twenties.

"Eve, this is Arabelle. Arabelle, this is our pack's cook, Eve."

"Oh, i've heard so much about you." Eve said, pulling me into a hug. "Xavier said you're going to try and defeat the vampires. I just wanted to say how admirable that is."

"Thank you." I said.

"I brought her here to taste your world famous muffins." Xavier told her.

"Of course!" Eve said, enthusiastically. she went over to a table that was filled with all kinds of different sweets. From cookies to muffins to brownies. Close to that table was another one that was filled with all different kinds of recipe books. "Help yourself to anything you like." she smiled warmly at me.

"Don't mind if I do." Xavier said, rubbing his hands together, looking at the table like he wanted to devour everything on it in a single bite.

"Not you." Eve said coldly. "I was talking to our guest."

"But Eve!" Xavier whined. I left the two of them to their bickering and took a bite of the muffin.

"Well?" Xavier probed.

"Eve, this is amazing. My tastes buds are going crazy right now!" I exclaimed.

"Aww, you say the nicest things." Eve replied dramatically .

"Was it worth giving Ian up?" Xavier but in.

"Surprisingly, yes."

________________________________________________________________________________

The rest of the day was spent with Xavier, pranking pack members. Xavier is a really fun guy once you get to know him. We broke into a house with masks on and pretended we were going to rob them; their screams were hilarious.

Another prank we did was steal clothes from a couple of teenage boys, who were around thriteenish. They were bathing in the lake. It was so funny to watch them all panicky and crying for help.

A few pranks later, it was getting late, so we decided to do one more prank and call it a day. We hid at the back of Dominic's house and waited .

Earlier, we broke into his house and added pink hair dye, that we got from Eve, to his shampoo. We had no idea when he was going to shower, so we just camped outside his house and chatted about random things.

We talked until an ear deafening growl sounded from Dominic's house. We stayed hidden as we watched Dominic's burst through his front door in all his pink haired glory and stormed off. When he was out of sight, Xavier and I fell to the ground, clutching our stomachs in laughter.

"Dominic looked- oh my God." I couldn't stop laughing .

"Poor Dominic, he'll be scrubbing that thing out of his hair for months!" Xavier exclaimed.

I felt a presence looming over us. My laughter suddenly stopped, I slowly turned around.

"Umm...Xavier?" I nervously shook Xavier, who was still laughing his butt off. When I got his attention, he gulped loudly .

"When I got complains about pranks being pulled around the pack, I had suspicions of who it could be. I guess my assumptions were correct ." Xander said icily, arms crossed. Whatever punishments he had for us was going to be bad.

Fifteen minutes later..... Xavier and I were ankle deep in mud. Planting crops were harder than I thought . Xavier was shoveling and I was raking. The most horrible part was that we a weren't allowed to take breaks, not even to pee, and when I say I had to go, I mean I really really had to go.

Dominic watched us like a hawk. This was sweet revenge for him. Occasionally, Xavier and I would steal glances at Dominic and share a silent laugh, but would immediate shut up when he glared at us .

At direct midnight, Dominic decided to let us go. I sighed in relief, however, my relief was short lived when Dominic told us we need to be out here at six in the morning to continue. If we were late, the punishment will increase . I got to the small house and immediately went for a shower. I came out only to find Ian lying on my bed. He sat up when he saw me.

I limped my way over to him and threw myself in his arms. He caught me effortlessly and positioned me on his lap. I buried my face in his chest and mumbled sleepily.

"Xander's really scary when he wants to be."

"Oh Isabelle. Always the little prankster. " Ian sighed .

"Everywhere hurts."

"Get some sleep, in the morning it will be worst ."

"That makes me feel so much better." I said sarcastically. I didn't hear his reply because I dozed off.