Chapter 1

"Y/n! Get downstairs right now! We have guests!" That was my mother, she's really nice don't get me wrong, but sometimes she can be such a dictator! Come on, you know that feeling you have when your parents tell you to do something and you really don't want to do it, but your parents being your parents make you do it wether you like it or not. Well that's me right now in this unlikeable situation. You'll soon see exactly what I'm talking about when I call this situation unlikable.

"Alright!" I shouted, "I'm coming!"

After responding to my mother's orders I slid off my bed and walked downstairs to my living room. At first everything seems normal, my mom sitting on one couch, a couple sitting on the one across to her, all three of them happily chatting up a storm with one another. The problem finally arises when my gaze lands on a certain ash blonde slumped on the couch nearest to the corner of the room.

His name is Katsuki Bakugou and let me tell you right now that I'm not a big fan of him. I've known him since childhood and all I've seen him do is pick on Izuku Midoriya who hasn't done anything wrong to the living time bomb! I've just been unlucky enough to be that time bomb's neighbor. To make it worse, my mom now works with his dad so today they're all having dinner at my house to catch up with one another.

My past with Katsuki is similar to the one Izuku had with him, except for the quirkless part, though recently it's been announced that the previously quirkless Izuku Midoriya has found out that he's and extremely late, late bloomer. Which is awesome to hear! I could only imagine what Bakugou's reaction to that was...

I actually used to have a crush on Bakugou and I'd be lying if I said a small part of me still doesn't. The only downside to this is that nowadays Bakugou is about as likable as that pile of crap that lays on your front lawn.

"Oh Y/n!" My mom greeted, "Mitsuki! Masaru! Y/n's here! Y/n say hello!"

I smiled shyly while waving over to the couple, "O-oh! Hello! Long time no see." I greeted.

The couple smiled back in response. Mitsuki was quick to walk over and envelope my into a big hug. "Oh goodness!" She said, "Y/n's grown up so much! She's a young lady now!"

I saw her look over to her son in the corner who didn't look interested in anything going on at the moment, "Katsuki!" She began, "Say hello to Y/n! It's been a while since you've spoken to each other despite the fact that you're classmates! I have to apologize for my idiot son's behavior!"

Bakugou looked over at the group before turning back away with a sneer. He didn't say it out loud or anything, but I know that his actions meant a "Like hell I will!" That rude jerk...

"Gosh!" His mother sighed, "That boy is really something else! One of these day I outta teach him a lesson! I apologize in advance, he's been like this for a while now..."

My mother shook her head, "No it's ok! Kids these days are always here and there. Even Y/n can be like that sometimes!"

Both Mitsuki and Masaru laughed at this before continuing their conversation.

I didn't want to talk to Bakugou and yet I didn't want to come out as rude either... especially not in front of my mom.

I sighed before approaching Bakugou who didn't look like he even wanted to be here... well at least we had something in common at the moment!

"Bakugou, if you want something to eat there's food in the kitchen." Gosh! Speaking to him so civilized felt so foreign to me! Usually if we speak we're fighting about something.