Chapter 18

Just as everyone was told, Bakugou and Hikari were released from the hospital the next day. Everyone was estatic to get the real Bakugou back. There wasn't much of a difference, but just knowing it was actually him made everything so much better. Hikari didn't act so differently either. Something I dreaded.

The week after the two were released, was the week they returned to UA. Aizawa wasn't happy about us using our quirks without permission, but let it off due to the circumstances. The whole class did get a mouthful about it though, but no one regretted their actions.

The school was able to cover up the occurrence from the public, but as usual, the police was aware of it and still questioned Kinzou of his actions. The man stayed quiet the whole time until committing suicide days later, something Bakugou was less that happy about. "He was a coward! Taking the easy way out...He'll play in his next life!" Was what he said about it.

Something that discouraged me was the fact that Hikari and Bakugou continued to hang out. At first I thought that they hung out because of Kinzou's mind control, turns out I was wrong. The girl still hated my guts though and continued to cling to Bakugou whenever she had the chance. Just as before, Bakugou never said anything about it.

The situation between Bakugou and I was one that made me uncomfortable whenever I was around him. I began subconsciously avoiding the guy. I didn't talk to him unless it was necessary. I didn't need to hang out with him though, especially since Hikari was always around him. When we were "dating" I wasn't afraid to tell him how I felt, but now that things were back to normal, I didn't feel so confident in doing so anymore.

If anything Bakugou and Hikari were hanging out more often! I heard from Mina that Hikari hung out with Bakugou's group whenever they went out. She too noticed that Hikari was around Bakugou as much as possible.

"Well that's expected," I sighed, solemnly, "She's always been like that."

Min raised an eyebrow at this comment, "Wait, what do you mean Y/n? She's been like this before?"

"Come on Mina, I know you're not dense," I said, glancing at the female next to me, "Hikari has a huge crush on Bakugou!"

The girl tapped her foot on the floor, a thoughtful look on her face, "Well that's definitely a problem." She muttered.

"And how exactly is that a problem?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow. There really isn't a problem with her liking Bakugou...or at least not to her. It would become a real problem for me though. Bakugou and Hikari were my biggest bullies back then. My fear of Hikari rubbing off of Bakugou returned.

'So much progress would be ruined.' I thought sadly, my gaze glued on the ground below.

"Arrrghh! I want you and Bakugou to be together silly! It's obvious you guys would work!" She said, shaking my shoulders, "I need to do something and quick."

I watched as the pink skinned girl walked out of the classroom muttering to herself about what to. I wanted to stop the girl, but she moved so quickly that I wasn't able to catch her.

I was alone in the class now, the school day was over already and most have left to go home. I didn't like being alone at times, but now was one of those rare moments when I embrace the solitude. I needed time to mope and think about what I should do next. Should I leave Bakugou with Hikari? Should I tell him how I feel? Should I suck up my fear and try fighting Hikari? No, I can't fight her or I could be kicked out of the school. I can't risk that, no matter what.

I sighed before standing up from my seat and walking out the door. I should really be returning home. There's no use in staying here, I was hungry anyway and needed something to eat. My gaze stayed on the floor as I walked out of the school, something that meant my guard was down, a fact that someone took advantage of.