Chapter 7

For the third time this week I hung out with Izuku and Ururaka rather than Bakugou and the rest of his crew, for the same exact reason. Even after I told Bakugou about my situation with Hikari, he still continued to hang out with her. I knew the two were friends but I expected him to at least do something to separate from Hikari a bit, but apparently that wasn't his plan. If anything he's been hanging out with her more and more each day, something I'm very conflicted about . On one hand Hikari isn't focused on me one bit, on the other hand Bakugou may go back to his old ways due to her. Something Izuku and I would dread.

"Hey! Y/n!" Mina shouted as she ran to catch up to me,"Where have you been? You haven't sat with us for almost the whole week!"

Mina didn't look that happy when she spoke to me, I'm not quite sure though because minutes ago she looked happy chatting the time away with Hikari in the lunch hall. Actually now that I think about it, Baukugou's whole group looked as though they warmed up to the girl pretty fast. I wouldn't be too surprised if Kaminari started flirting with her anytime today...

"Come on Y/n, talk to me." She pleaded, "You've been so distant lately, is there something wrong? Is it Hikari? Come on Y/n you're worrying me."

I know that you usually aren't supposed to be happy in these kinds of situations, but here I was, a small smile playing on my lips.

"Thank you Mina," I began softly, "For worrying about me, but there's no need. I just need to get a few things straight with myself is all."

Mina looked at me for a bit as if she was thinking about the right words to say. She was like that for a while before smiling back at me , "Man Y/n no need to get all soft with me," she teased, "I'm your friend, your best friend, worrying about you's my job!"

I laughed at that whole heartedly before replying, "Hahaha, nah I'm pretty sure that's my mom's job."

Both of us began laughing at this knowing how true this statement was, until there was a light tap on my shoulder. I stopped laughing and turned around to see Izuku who had a somewhat worried look on his face. I'm not too sure why though, if I'm correct there's no major project or anything due soon.

"Y/n I need to talk to you... please. Meet me after school in front of ground Beta. It's important, to me at least." Izuku's voice held it's usual tone, but there was something about the air around him at that moment that was weird. The look in his eye was confused and fearful, whatever caused Izuku to have this look, I didn't know.

After this Izuku waved goodbye and headed towards the classroom. For a while I just stood, wondering what Izuku wanted to talk about. The look Mina was giving me at the moment went unnoticed.

"Y/n," she asked, "What did Midoriya ask you? Is there something going on?"

I shook my head, "No, he just wanted to talk to me about something."

Mina didn't look totally convinced, but nodded anyway.

After this I told Mina I would begin going to class. She told me ok, but wondered why I wanted to despite the fact that there was still ten minutes left until class. I waved it off saying that I just wanted to have some time for myself.

To be honest it wasn't a complete lie. I enjoyed the quite more if I was alone than if I were with friends. Plus, she had Hikari waiting for her anyway...

We both gave each other small hugs before parting ways. A large part of me prayed that no one but Izuku was in the room at the moment.

It took a bit, but I finally reached class 1-A where Izuku sat at his desk writing something down in his notebook. No one else was in class...