Chapter 5

Usually I have lunch with Bakugou and the others, especially since I've been talking to Bakugou and Mina more often. Today is an exception though and I'm eating with Izuku, Iida, and Ururaka. Doesn't sound that unusual right? Well the reason I'm with Izuku and the others might...

"I can't believe she's here and talking to Bakugou none the less." I said, my gaze directed at the two figures in the distance.

Izuku nodded in agreement, a slightly worried look written across his face. "I haven't seen her around before. If I'm correct she's in the support course." Izuku stated, "I hope that she doesn't rub off on Kacchan the wrong way. I've noticed his improving behavior, she may just ruin that..."

You may be wondering who exactly Izuku and I are talking about and I don't blame you. The person talking to our classmate just so happen to be the reason I went over to Izuku's table today. An arrangement that may stay for a while...

Her name is Aira Hikari, an old friend if Bakugou. She was friends with him since elementary school, became friends with him quickly after he began treating Izuku and I like trash. To be honest, I think Bakugou's superiority complex may have been one of the reasons she befriended him in the first place.

Because of this, she was the one who frequently picked on me, just as Bakugou did Izuku. She was never a nice person, or at least not in public. The only memory of her that I have is the constant bullying. It would hurt the most when Bakugou joined in on it. With her it didn't hurt as much because I was never friends with her, but Bakugou was a different case...

What we worried was that she may ruin all of the progress Bakugou has made over the year. It would suck if he went back to his old ways...

"Has she seen you yet?" Izuku wondered aloud.

I shook my head, "Thankfully no, but if she does I have no idea what will follow."

As Bakugou and Hikari spoke Mina began looking around, my guess was that she was looking for me.

Izuku and I were too far to hear, but Mina asked Bakugou a question. To this Hikari looked surprised before asking a question in return. The two spoke for a while until Kirishima noticed Izuku and I. His finger pointed in our direction, the gaze of the others following behind it.

"Oh! Y/n there you are!" Mina shouted, her hand waving frantically in my direction.

"Well Y/n," Izuku stated, "It sounds like Mina wants you over there... I guess Aira knows about us now.."

I sighed in disappointment at this, "Yeah, I really don't like her. She better not try pulling something."

I waved in Izuku's direction before walking over to Mina, "Hey Mina, how're you?" I asked, taking a seat next to her.

"I'm good Y/n, where were you?" She questioned, "I was looking all over for you!"

I laughed at this, well at least she bothered looking for me. "I was with Izuku as you saw. We were just talking about things."

Mina nodded at this, "Alright then, would you mind explaining who this new chick is? She seemed to perk up when I asked about you."

"Yeah," I answered a bitter taste in my mouth. I never like talking about her, there's just nothing we have in common and there's no way I would consider being friends with someone who never tried giving me a chance.

"She's just someone from the past. She came from the same middle school as me."

"Well that would explain why Bakugou's talking to her. Were they friends or something?"