Chapter 16

Italics = Flashback 

  The day for me started as soon as the alarm clock rung. My hand slammed down the snooze button and I jumped out of bed. Exactly why was I in such a rush today? Well today's the day Izuku, Ururaka, Todoroki, and the others planned on visiting Bakugou. It's more likely than not that the boy would be annoyed by our presence, but at this point I feel like I could care less about that. I just need to know that he's ok.

It was as I changed into my street clothes that my mind remembered that for the past week or two, Bakugou's been under the control of Kinzou, a man that was now behind bars.

'If Bakugou was under his control this whole time, then what's the relationship between Bakugou and I now? Exactly how much of what's happened this week was actually real?' I thought solemnly.

I knew what I was getting at when I thought about this, I was wondering if Bakugou were still... you know, together. I highly doubted this for some reason and I didn't know how to feel about it at the moment. I felt like something was off in the beginning, but I always brushed the feeling off. Kinzou probably had Bakugou pursue me so he could try placing one of those devices on me later. I remember finding a smile on my lips at that moment. I was just so glad that Bakugou was back...

After washing my face and fixing my hair, I grabbed a f/c jacket and ran downstairs. "Morning mom!" I said, smiling at the woman who was currently cooking breakfast in from of the stove.

"Good morning Y/n," She smiled, "Just sit at the table, breakfast should be finished any minute now."

I nodded before taking my seat just as I was told. Dad was working again today so I didn't see him anywhere in the house. I knew my dad was working so my mother and I would have what we need to live, but nowadays I could see my mother getting sad at his absence, or at least it started that way. Now she just gets mad at the guy, tells me to not bother with him. She isn't like that around him, but when he's not around she could be. I understand where my mother is coming from, but I feel like she overreacts at points. My dad needs to get his act straight too, sometimes he's just sucked into his own world I feel like he forgets we're even here. It kind of pisses me off too.

As these thoughts flowed through my head, my mother placed a plate with food in front of me. "Eat up sweetie! You can't keep Katsuki waitng now can you?"

I nodded, "Thanks mom, really." I said.

After this, I began diging into the food in front of me. I don't remember ever having to go to the hospital because I or someone close to me had a fatal injury before...Actually, scratch that. I've been in the hospital before. The more I thought about it, the clearer it became to me. Soon enough I remembered it clear as day, both Bakugou and Izuku were there...

A h/c haired girl at the age of four could be seen sitting silently in the hospital bed, her gaze staying glued on the view outside of the window next to her. It was a view of the bustling city she lived in. To her, it looked beutiful. She was high enought to see the tops of most of the buildings.

Her focus was broken when the door to her room was opened, a timid voice checking to see if she was there.

"Y-y/n, are you ok?" Izuku asked, his mother follong him in from behind.

The girl smiled before giving him a nod and a smile, "Of course Izuku! I just got sick. The doctor said I overdid myself in PE which caused me to...faint? That's what they called it."

Both heads turned as another voice entered the room, one much more...confident.

"Of course Yakkai would be ok Deku. I don't see how running would cause her to die or anything." Bakugou smirked, approaching his two friends.