2.3 Thomas

"So that's why Heather thinks I'm a douche" I ended while we walked through the school gates. Eric laughed and I rolled my eyes. Just what I expected... Dork.
"I can't believe you actually did that!" he exclaimed.
"No wonder half the school hates you"
"Hey, hey! Don't underestimate my jerkiness alright? The whole school hates me" I stated, overdramatically, and we both laughed.

"If we're gonna do this whole friends thing, I'm so gonna make things right between you and Stewart" he stated.
"What? Why?" I asked confused.
"Because" he laughed and waved his arms around.

In the corner of my eyes I could see Becca and Cassandra walking up to us. My laughter died and I hit Eric on his arm, signing him that I wanted him to be serious.
"What's the matter?" he asked confused and I eyed towards miss popular approaching. 'Oh' he mouthed.
"Hey, you're Eric right? The new guy at school?" Cassandra asked him.
"Yeah, Eric Smith" he said with a forced smile and waved a little.
"And who are you?"
"Oh, I'm Becca and this is Cassandra" Becca said with a fake smile and I saw her eying me with a look I couldn't place.

What was she up to..?

"Nice to meet you!" Eric grinned.
"Well, we're actually here with a reason" Cassandra stated, glaring at me.
"It's about Hunter... He didn't tell you about his past, right?"
"Wait? What do you mean?" Eric asked, frowning. I frowned a bit to. He knew what they were talking about, right? I just litterary told him everything!
"I'm sure you already heard the rumors" Becca started.

"Oh, right! Those lies!" Eric exclaimed.
"Yeah, Thomas told me about all of them. He warned me for the two of you as well, actually. So back the fuck off or I'll show you the fist your boyfriend was to scared to endure"

Oh my... I grinned as the girls stood there, flabbergasted. Oh my god, this was just amazing! I loved Eric more by the day! I'm so glad I suggested this friend thing cause this was something I wouldn't miss for the world. I draped my arm around Eric and we continued our way to the lockers.

"You're amazing" I whispered surprised.
"Bitch please, I'm so fabulous I'm blinding the fucking sun" he said while snapping his fingers around.
"Tss, you're so gay" I laughed, letting him go.

"Oh hey Heather! Wait!" he suddenly yelled and ran towards Heather and Benji, dragging me with him. What the hell was he doing? I told him we didn't need to be reconciled! I didn't make eye contact, wanting this meeting to be over as soon as possible.
"I noticed you were walking towards the lockers" Eric smiled.
"We were on our way as well! So we can walk together, right?"
"Yeah, sure" Benji muttered and shrugged, looking at Heather as if asking for premission.
"Fine" she sighed, obviously not having it.

"So you guys know each other? I mean, small school and everything" Eric said, knowing fully well what was going on. I groaned.
"Oh, we know each other quite well actually" I muttered and looked at Heather.
"Isn't that right Heather?"
"Yes... A bit to well to my liking" she stated.
"Oh don't be like that! We were like best friends!" I exclaimed on a joking manner.
"Yeah, once upon a time, a long long time ago" Heather said and crossing her arms.

"So, uhm, you don't talk to each other anymore?" Eric asked.
"You knew that you asshole" I hissed quietly.
"Why are you even trying to make things up between us? I told you how she sees me, nothing can change that"
"Well, see you guys later, I guess" Benji said and pulled Heather with him. Yeah, I would want to get away as quick as possible...

"Now why the hell did you do that?" I hissed as I forced my locker open.
"I told you what happened between me and her and we don't want to dig up the past, believe me"
"I-I just wanted to help... I thought I was on a roll, you know?" he said with a sad undertone.
"Guess I was wrong..."
I wanted to say something to cheer him up but saw him dash off to Heather and Benji.

"Stupid blue metal monster! I hate this ridiculous tin can!" I heard Benji yell in frustration. Eric smiled and helped him. Heather and I locked eyes and I looked away instantly. I had no idea I was staring...
"See you guys around!"

Before I knew it Eric was back by my side, smiling as if nothing happened.
"Can you believe going to the same school for years and still not knowing how the lockers work?" he chuckled.
"Crazy right?"
I smiled and glanced at Heather for a second before throwing my arm around Eric's small frame. He pushed his glasses back a bit and grinned.

"You totally still care" he laughed and I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah right" I laughed and guided him back outside.
"It's my fault our friendship is over so I'll carry the consequences"
"You might have brought the end but who says you can't bring a new beginning?" Eric smiled.
"Are you always so full of good hope?" I asked.
"I have my moments" he smirked and leaned into my touch a bit. I kinda liked it...
"So, about that movie this sunday-" I started and saw him get enthousiast. This was gonna be a long week...

...

"I'm home~!" I called out and shut the door behind me.
"Wow, you're in a good mood" Ellie said, surprised.
"What? You're just waiting for me in the hallway or something?" I asked, joking.
"No, I'm not that kind of sister and you know it" she stated, crossing her arms.
"And I was taking a shit, if you really wanna know"
"Argh, details" I groaned.
"You asked for it" she smirked and walked to the kitchen, following me.

"But anyway, you're in a very good mood"
"Well, I had a good day" I smiled.
"My medication side effects weren't acting up at all and Eric made sure miss popular was put back in place, it was absolutely hilarious"
"Wait what?" she asked laughing.
"He did what?!"
"You should've seen their faces. Priceless. Seriously" I laughed.
"Smith might be the best thing that ever happened to my life, I swear"

"Ooh~" she grinned with a smug smile and my eyes widened.
"Not like that!" I shouted, surprised that she even thought about me that way.
"Tss, it was a joke. Jeez" she breathed.
"Anyway, is he coming over anytime soon?"
"We're gonna see a movie Sunday" I smiled.
"Ooh~ My little bro has a date~!" Ellie exclaimed and hopped back to the hall.

My head turned red and I bit my lip, thinking about what she just said. Did she really just assume that..? Did Eric have a crush on me..? I shook my head. No way. We only knew each other for, what, a few days? Was that enough for him to fall for me? Who would he even fall for me? I mean, look at me! I'm hidious! I groaned and held my head.

And my medication was acting up. Great... I took my bag and dragged it with me upstairs. I turned the sign that hung on my door. Something my dad thought of a while ago. I wanted to be alone when I had these headaches so he put up an open and closed sign at my door for me to communicate with. I thought it was rather funny in the beginning but that changed when I actually started using it.

I sighed and slumbed down on my bed, letting out a long sigh and closing my eyes. Sometimes I really hated my life, my condition... But I knew it wasn't gonna end soon and I wasn't planning on giving up either so yeah, guess I'll suffer a bit longer... Eric did make it more barable though.

A smile crept up my face, together with a blush that is. What if he really had a crush on me? It would totally ruin our planned out friendship! I groaned into my pillow, not getting the thought out my head. So what of he did? Did I really mind that much? D-did I actually like that he might have feelings for me that way?

I was shocked at my own thoughts, not knowing I was able to think like that. No, I'm not gay, definitely not! But the way Eric made me feel... Argh! It's all just in your head Thomas! Just because someone is nice to you for the first time in months doesn't mean they want to kiss you! Get yourself together man!