3.4 Becca

I couldn't take this anymore! I had to tell Heather! I couldn't just let her out of this! Our parents were having a fucking affair right under our noses, she needs to know! I can no longer leave her in the dark!

"I have to do something" I said bluntly to Cass, standing up and walking away without waiting for her response. I walked up to Stewart without letting a single distraction enter my mind.
"We have to talk"
Blunt. Straight to the point. Whatever, I needed to get it out. Heather frowned at me, confused by my actions.

"What do you want?" Benjamin hissed.
"I was talking to Stewart, idiot" I hissed back. Didn't he see this was urgent?!
"In private. Now. It's important"
"Define important" Heather asked.
"It's about your mother" I answered seriously.
"Something that could affect your life forever. I would like you to know before you hear it from someone else"
"Why? So you can rub whatever problem it is in my face?" she hissed.
"What did she do? Cry at work? Yell at a collegue? Lost her temper? She's grieving Becca! But I don't expect you to understand that!"

Argh, of course she would react like this... She doesn't know, she doesn't understand!
"I said it's about your mother, not your father" I stated and crossed my arms.
"Just come with me, you're making a huge scene for nothing... 5 minutes tops, I promise"
I had to get her with me somehow... She sighed and got up to follow me outside. I didn't want any eavesdroppers on this one.
"So what was so urgent that you just couldn't wait to rub into my face hm?"
"Actually, I've known for a while now but I wasn't sure if I should tell you with what was going on with your father..." I started, not knowing how to tell her exactly.
"But I think it's going to far and you should know what's going on"
I gave her a weak sad smile before looking her in the eyes, speaking once more.

"Your mother has an affair with my father" I whispered. Better rip the bandaid right off, right?
"It's been going on for months, so even before your father's death. I'm sorry"
"N-no, you're lying" she hissed, in denial. To be expected.
"Mom would never do something like that!"

"I saw them myself Heather" I stated, as serious as I could, trying to convince her.
"Check your moms texts if you don't believe me. I just thought you had a right to know since it concerns you as well. And just to be clear, I'm absolutely disgusted by them and I don't want to see those two together either"
I turned around, faced to the school building, not wanting to see the hurt in her eyes.
"I'll be here if you wanna talk about it"

I walked back inside and to my table at lunch, sitting down like nothing happened at all. Cass frowned at me.
"What the hell we're you doing? Was that Stupart?"
"I had to talk to her, it's for a group thing, nothing big" I said and shrugged it off.
"Oh, okay" she said. Why else would I talk to her, right? My excuse was good enough to cover this up.

...

After school, Heather reached out to me.

-You were right about them, I saw it for myself as well

So she has seen their texts. Good.

-Told you
-So are you holding up alright??
-Since when do you care??
-Plz Heather I just wanna help
-Why can't you just accept help when it's offered to you??
-Maybe cause it's coming from you??
-True
-I get why you don't trust me alright, but just give me a chance at this
-You think this is easy for me or something??
-Knowing my father is dating a maried women, the wife of one of his patients none the less!!
-Like I told you at school, I find it absolutely disgusting
-So do something about it
-Like what? You have a masterplan or something??
-Well, you're always the girl with a plan, are you not?
-Making people break up is one of your specialties, or so I was told
-That only happened once! ONCE!! And Steven was abusing her! It was for the better
-Miranda said you spread that rumor
-That it wasn't true
-Why would she lie??
-Why would I lie?
-Cause you're Becca Lewis, you have a reputation you know
-Oh believe me, I am well aware of that
-The dumb blond that's always up to no good right? That's how everyone sees me
-Fine by me, really
-At least I know the truth
-So why did you tell me?? Why do you suddenly care??
-Honestly idk
-Guess I had enough of this parade, the image I must uphold
-Stone cold bitch, remember??
-That were some fancy words for someone of your intelligece
-You have absolutely no idea how smart I actually am Stewart
-So don't even get me started
-Then why act so stupid?
-If you're really that smart, you wouldn't make such dumb choices
-You know nothing about my life okay?! So keep the hell away from it!! I just wanted to support you cause I know you're having a hard time with everything that's going on! I wanted to be nice for once!!! Apparently it's NOT apriciated!!

She didn't answer me anymore after that. Guess I scared her off. I shrugged, well, her loss. If she didn't want my help or compasion than that's her problem. I sighed and threw my phone on my bed. I groaned and spinned around in my chair, turning back to my desk.

Guess I'll study for that English test I have this week... Not that it'll be that difficult. I'll probably only study 15 minutes and get a 10/10. Maybe I could read some more science papers? Those always keep me distracted and fascinated.

I had read at least a thirty this week alone and I was getting through the good stuff pretty fast. But a lot did happen this week and I don't know what else to do to keep my mind off the cruel reality that played out in front of me. I just had to read and get lost in numbers or else my head would just explode! I wouldn't be able to take this anymore!

I sighed and fell onto my bed, grabbing my phone lazily as I rolled over. Why? Why me? Why now? I wanted to have other things to worry about! Like boys or something like that, I mean, I'm a teenager! And I'm probably gonna break up with Taylor soon... Just haven't found the right time or words yet. Like, he was a great guy and everything but just not for me. It wasn't his fault I didn't like him anymore. The fire just faded as the challenge of concurring him had been over. Guess I just wanted to see how far I could go? Does that makes me a bad person? Maybe. Do I feel bad about it? Definitely not.

...

"So what's your deal Lewis?" Heather hissed. We were the only ones meft in the classroom. Everybody else had already left to our next class.
"First you tell me the truth without a catch, than you say you want to be there for me? I think it's very hard to believe, don't you think?"
"I never said you had to believe me, I just thought we could help each other get over the fact that our parents might go public soon and we'll be like sisters" I stated, my voice void of any emotion. Her eyes widened a little, not expecting such an answer.

"I mean, we're in this together, right?" I added, not sure if she got it.
"Sure" she shrugged and gave me a last glance.
"But this doesn't mean I trust you or that we're friends, understand? Certainly not sisters"
"Sure, whatever" I muttered and took my bag.
"But can we leave now? We're kinda late for class"

...

At home I found a note that I was to be expected at the hospital after school tomorrow and no excuses would be tolerated. Guess my dad was fed up with my behaviour of the last couple of days... Hmm, not that I actually care what he thinks at this point. He didn't care about my feelings so I didn't care about his. It was rather simple, really.

But I guess that I could go swing by for a minute or two tomorrow. You know, make sure he knows I'm still alive since I've been avoiding him more than anything lately. I sighed, followed by a groan. He was gonna force me to talk about it... Great...