Epilogue

I pulled my sunglasses down and stared at the beautiful clear blue sky. I smiled to myself. One year. One full year I've lived in the same house in the same town. I felt two strong arms wrap themself around me, hugging me from behind. Suddenly I flew through the air, making me let out a small scream.
"Don't startle me like that!" I laughed, slapping Thomas, my boyfriend. He chuckled and kissed me. I moaned at the sudden affection and placed my hands in his neck.
"Hey lovebirds! Keep it child friendly! We're in public ya know" Becca laughed.

We were on the beach, the place I lived now. My house was only two blocks away. Thomas and I kept in touch, visiting each others in the weekends. But now school was over, Thomas' cancer was gone, even though he needed to return to the hospital for check ups every now and then. But school was over and summer had arrived. Which meant Thomas could stay longer and we had more time together. Also meant that the gang came over for the first time.

"Still can't believe your glasses were fake" Heather muttered as she rolled over on her towel, wanting to tan on both sides.
"Who says I don't wear lenses now?" I asked, putting my sunglasses back on my head.
"Yeah, not a donkey would consider that to be true" Thomas chuckled, kissing me on my cheeck.
"Argh, you're so gay" Becca complained, putting her sunglasses on so she could sleep in the sun.
"What can I say? I am gay" I stated with my hands in my hips.
"Sure thing Smith" Hunter laughed.

"Last one in the water is a rotten egg!"
He started running to the sea.
"Hey! Not fair!" I laughed, running after him.
"Wait for us!" Heather yelled, chasing after us. She pulled Becca with us and we all ran into the water without hesitation. We laughed and splashed each other like small children.

...

After our day at the beach we crashed at my house. We were laying in the living room. Heather in an armchair. Becca laying across a 2 seat. Me on top of Thomas on the other couch. Everyone on their phone, relaxing.
"Hey Eric, look at this!" Becca laughed, showing her phone to Thomas and I. But I didn't react. Eric wasn't my name anymore so I didn't react to it anymore. I flipped a switch, something you learn when you change names a lot. Thomas rolled his eyes and placed his mouth by my ear.

"Hey Micheal, Becca wants to show you something"
"Oh, uhm, yes?" I asked, turning towards her.
"Argh, I keep forgeting you've got a different name now" she complained.
"Micheal. I absolutely hate it" Heather muttered.
"Well, I liked Eric better to, but things don't always go my way" I stated.
"Hmm, I don't care what you're called, I'll always love you" Thomas whispered and kissed me. I smiled and kissed him as well.
"Thanks babe"

"So how's your carreer going?" Heather asked. I was now an official spy with my parents and we did missions together.
"Great" I smiled.
"You Becca?"
"I'm starting my internship in a month" Becca grinned. We might've pulled a few strings at NASA to get her in... Heather and Thomas were gonna go to college so they'd be busy as well.
"Look at us, all planning for the future and stuff" Thomas laughed.
"Shut up Hunter, we still need to get our degree" Heather stated.

"Don't ruin our vacation!" I groaned.
"No school talk!"
"Alright! You're the boss Smith!" she smiled.
"And as boss I'd like some food! Are we ordering pizza?"
"Sounds like a plan" Becca smirked.
"I'll get the number" Thomas reacted. I smiled. How did my life turn out this way? It felt perfect the way it was right now and I wish it'll forever stay this way. Never going back to the running and hiding of the past. Never look back, always face forward without forgetting to look beside you. Don't live in the past, don't get lost in te future, live in the now. With everyone you care about.

——————————————————
The end!! Hope you liked it!! Make sure to vote and comment your thoughts!!