Chapter Twelve: I'd Rather Catch Chlamydia.

Chapter Twelve: "I'd Rather Catch Chlamydia."

IF I KNEW THAT ending things with Giulio was going to get him to avoid me, I wouldn't have done it. It's been like this for the past couple of days and I noticed it in certain ways. Eye contact?No longer there. Not at all. Little comments here and there? Nothing. It was like we were two strangers and a petty side of me wasn't going to strike up a conversation first.

I watched him from the side, relaxed in a chair his entire body splayed out. He was laughing, and stretched to the side, raising his arm up as he spoke to someone in rapid Italian. If he could spot me watching him, he did not show it. But he probably did, I wouldn't be surprised.

Someone slung an arm around me, turning my entire body away from where I was looking. "You gave the dick away for the benefit of the mind." Jake reminded me.

"Listen."

"I'm not going to listen," Jake retorted, rolling his eyes while taking his arm off of me. "You look like a puppy left out in the rain wanting to come back home. Hate to break it to you but Giulio is not your home, little puppy."

"Puppy," I repeated.

"Puppy." He said again.

"It's not that I gave the dick away for the benefit of the mind," I repeated his statement, noticing how the group of people looked at me with weird faces due to my sentence. "I just didn't think that we wouldn't stay friends."

"You've seen each other naked," Jake reminded me. "Who stays friends after that?"

"A lot of people do!" I exclaimed.

Jake crossed his arms, narrowing his eyes at me. "Name them."

When I couldn't come up with a pair of people, I walked by him. "Forget it."

"Octavia." He caught up to me and I stopped us, turning around so I could see Giulio out of my vision while talking to Jake.

"He's not talking to me. That's weird. It feels weird." I wasn't used to being ignored by him of all people.

"Okay, I see the problem. I see the situation. Don't worry. I'm on it."

"No," I immediately stopped him, both my hands holding onto his forearms. "Don't do anything."

"What?"

"Don't do anything."

"Why not?"

"The hell you mean why not? He'll talk to me when he wants to. Not-" My eyes trailed over to Giulio who talking to Kady, one of the assistants on set.

Jake's eyes slid over to what I was looking at. Kady had her hand on Giulio's shoulder. "What if he isn't talking to you because he's content with a new, uh, person."

"Person?" I asked, tearing my eyes from them to look at my friend.

"Her? Kady?" He gestured over to them. "Are we seeing the same thing?"

"Yes," I rolled my eyes. "We are but that doesn't mean they're sleeping together. Just because they're talking doesn't mean anything. I'm talking to you and I'm not sleeping with you."

"You wish," Jake muttered, and I patted him lightly on the cheek.

"Shut up."

I could almost feel Caleb without turning around. Maybe it was the fact that his presence has officially become overbearing since that day he was in my room. His cologne made me want to close my eyes and lean against him, but I sucked in a sharp breath, clearing my head of my thoughts, when he spoke, "What's this talk about sleeping with each other?"