Chapter Nineteen: What Do Those Hands Do?

There's mention of drug use in this chapter. Just thought that I should throw that in as a warning in case any of you are uncomfortable.

I cut this chapter in half so head over to the second one right after. 

Chapter Nineteen: "What Do Those Hands Do?"

THE MUSIC SHOOK Jake's home. I felt the vibrations under my feet, as I moved from room to room, a bottle of water in one hand and the bottle of Malibu that I had grabbed from the villa in the other. Smiling at familiar faces, some with interesting things in their hands as they spoke, I spotted my friends in the living room.

Jake was already far gone at midnight. He went from being 'I'm going to talk to everyone' drunk to 'I can barely stand' drunk. Victor held him up, letting Jake slouching against him as they settled on the couch. I watched Victor take a sip of the beer can in his hand as I sat down next to Jake.

"This was long overdue," Angie told Victor, sitting down on the ground. I looked at her. I wasn't sure if she drank anything, but she occupied herself by talking to the guy next to her. Krystal was in the corner with some other women, recording themselves lip-synching to the song blaring from the speakers.

"I was caught up in things," Victor explained, shifting Jake so he lay in his lap. I heard Jake groan, my eyes widening slightly when Jake's head was suddenly headfirst in Victor's crotch. Oh no.

Victor quickly put his beer down, pulling Jake up quickly off him. "No, no, no." I heard him mutter and Naomi snorted, sitting down on the armrest next to me.

I caught glimpse of Caleb out of the corner of my eye, talking to a woman in black heels, dark pants, and a bright tube top as they moved behind the couch, we were all sitting on. Before I knew it, Caleb's hand reached out from nearby and he flicked me in the nose. I quickly swatted his hand away, glaring at him. He shot me a wink, patting Victor on the shoulder as he moved along to where Krystal was.

"Caleb really loves annoying the hell out of you," Naomi mentioned as I waved at another old acquaintance passing by.

"With the constant nose flicking, trust me, I know. He's a touchy person in general." I say watching him sit down against the wall next to Krystal as one of the women was telling them something. He slung Krystal's leg over his lap, his hand lingering on her leg. I watched him run his finger down to her ankle and she jerked as a reflex. Like Caleb, Krystal was ticklish, and she wasted no time in quickly moving her leg off Caleb who chuckled in response.

"Flirty too," Naomi pointed out. "He's kind of like you."

"What?"

"Yeah," Naomi said, taking a sip of her fruity drink. She was never one for anything hard liquor. The sweeter the better for her. I offered the drink in my hand for her, wanting to find something with a little less alcohol tonight. I wasn't in the state to get totally fucked tonight. Naomi took the large bottle of Malibu from me, holding it between her thighs. "But it's unintentional too. No, with Caleb you can tell that he's only acting that way because he just wants to get on your good side. With you, there's no telling."

"What?" I swiveled my head at her in disbelief.

"She's not joking you know." Jake chipped in. Just what I needed, my smart sister and a wise friend teaming up against me. "Sometimes you can be flirting with a guy right in front of me and I'll have no idea if you want him or you're joking."

I thought back to that day with Nathan and his friends, remembering my 'some competition' comment. I took a deep breath, I really did do shit like that a lot.

"Well, no more," I told them and I heard Angie scoff.

"Sure."

I opened my bottle of water, taking a sip of it. "Okay, probably not."