Chapter Thirty-Five: Space Buns.

Dedicated to thenyx for the cover above! Thank you💜

Chapter Thirty-Five: "Space Buns."

CALEB WAS GETTING A cameo.

For the last few days of filming, he had been antsy. However, so was everyone else. A good chunk of the movie was filmed in New York; the ending particularly. Although the director wasn't stressed, it looked like everyone part of the crew and cast was.

I, however, was as calm as Lebron James making a free throw shot.

As Beyoncé about to perform in a stadium show. 

Like Serena Williams in a Grand Slam tournament. 

I was too calm, cool and collected it almost confused me based on the jittery energy around me. 

No, seriously, it felt like I was watching everyone seconds away from competing in the Olympics. They were that restless. 

I figured it was because it was well into 2 in the morning. And while I was immensely tired as well as others around me from jet lag, the tension of impatience was almost outweighed by the mixture of excitement at the fact that this was the final scene to be filmed.   

AJ could probably sense it as he was telling me about the last scene that was between Caleb and me and what he had expected from me. 

In the middle of Times Square.

The permit they had gotten to film here must have been placed a long time ago for this to happen. The area was blocked out, filled with extras yet had a natural element to make this feel real. We would do a couple of takes, or how many it would take until it fit up to par for AJ.

I wasn't really worried about Caleb. But he started shifting next to me- by shifting I mean rocking on the heels of his Nike shoes. He ran a hand through the short locks of his hair, glancing at me and it was cute how uneasy he was. "Ready?"

"I should be asking you that question," I mentioned, according to his state.

Caleb shook his head. "I don't even know why I asked you. You're a professional."

"And you just need to relax," I assured him. "Just be yourself. That's who you're playing."

Before he could say anything, Jake jumped on over, slinging an arm around Caleb. "Ready for your big scene?"

Caleb laughed. "I'm literally just bumping into Octavia."

Jake shrugged. "Ready for your big scene?" He repeated.

I was pulled to the side where I was to be walking with Isabella. Isabella, who I had gotten closer with over our time working on the movie together. I had gotten to know more about her, the rest of the cast, the extras and the crew part of the movie. This really was going to be the last scene we all shoot together. 

I spotted Jake say a couple of words to Caleb before Caleb was placed where he was in the crowd of people, pretending to be on his phone. He wasn't going to be pretending, I knew that he was probably going to be beating his high score on a game. 

Only he would write a scene where the main character would stumble upon a stranger at the end of the movie; leaving everyone on a cliffhanger of what was yet to come. It was a huge cliché but for the first time, I didn't mind it. He wrote romance and he did it well especially with additional plot lines. When he had been writing the script, it was AJ's idea to put Caleb in the movie somehow; he wouldn't do it himself.