Chapter Thirty-Six: Ménage à Trois.

lDedicated to wiredtobeweird for the covers above and at the end of the chapter! Thank you Disha, I love them <3

Chapter Thirty-Six: "Ménage à Trois."

CALEB AND I STOOD outside of one of the nicest houses I've ever seen on a cloudy day in Nottingham, England. 

However, if there weren't any blinds covering or shading the big windows of it all, one could easily rob it. But with how safe and lowkey the neighbourhood looked I doubt that anyone would possibly want to.  It was big, but it wasn't grotesquely huge for no reason-the nicest houses never were. 

Their neighbours were far enough to give them privacy but close enough to be able to see from where Caleb and I were standing. Everything about this part of the town was homey-you could easily imagine raising a family around here.

We both didn't have much on us; I carried my bag duffle bag like I was on a trip to camp and by the way Caleb carried a small backpack and his laptop bag, I assumed he had everything on him and inside.

He knocked my shoulder against his own playfully, a sly grin on his face. "Nervous?" 

I shot him a pointed look, holding on the strap of my duffle bag. "Should I be?" 

I shouldn't be, should I? I don't normally get nervous about most things and I shouldn't have been for this case. I was meeting people. Talking to people, no matter how big their platform was or how big of a following they had-warming up to people, was something I usually did with ease.  

Caleb's eyes searched my face as he played with the key in his hands. The serious look was quickly covered up by a goofy smile that made me struggle not to return it.  "You introduce me to a part of your world, and I'll introduce you to a part of mine."

We were welcomed by a loud cry. A very loud cry.

Caleb flinched and I scrunched up my nose at the surprise noise. "I forgot how loud Charlie is."

As if on cue, a pretty, tall woman-near Caleb's height-came into view looking utterly exhausted by the child crying in her arms. Her brown hair was tied in a ponytail and her hazel eyes were filled with exhaustion as she spotted us.

As we stood there I felt like I was intruding but the smile on her face made me feel welcomed. Caleb beamed at her and I knew he would have engulfed her in a hug if the baby wasn't in her arms. "Hi, Princesa."

The corner of her lip quirked up at the nickname and I didn't even question it. "Hi, Charming." 

"See," Caleb nudged me with his fingers, letting his hand stay on my waist. "I told you one of my nicknames was Charming. But she's the only one that calls me that." 

It wasn't hard to see why she would call him that, I thought, watching Caleb's eyes landed on the child.  "Aw, come to uncle Caleb." He reached his arms out, gushing at the baby in her arms.

The woman, who I assumed to be Macy, owner of the nickname Princesa, took a step back, narrowing her eyes at Caleb. "Are you sick?"

Caleb didn't even have time to answer before Macy pointed her index finger at him. "Henderson, I swear to God if you even have a hint of an STD- I don't care, step away from my child."

I rolled my lips in my mouth to contain my laughter at the appalled look on Caleb's face. He seriously looked offended. "I don't have an STD!"

"I want papers," Macy stated as her child continued to cry. Her accent was almost the same as mine but it was obvious that she had spent a lot of time in England; specific words were better articulated. "Anything that says for the record that you're clean."