Chapter Forty-Nine: Uncertain.

Dedicated to waffledd for the beautiful banner at the top. Thank you <3

Chapter Forty-Nine: "Uncertain." 

"OKAY, EVERYONE GATHER AROUND," I crossed one leg over the other, leaning back in my chair at the head of the conference table. "Let's see this from my perspective."

When everyone that had been previously seated gathered around me, my eyes stuck to the two papers I held in my hands.  Gesturing for everyone to look with me, I held one up higher in particular. "This is Fall. Fall colours? Amazing, cool. I'm not looking for Fall." 

I contemplated being dramatic and throwing the picture over my shoulder but fought against it.  "I'm looking for bright," I continued, setting the paper down. "Compelling, Spring. We are looking for Spring. This one is not an option at the moment. Maybe for the future."

My gaze went to my assistant. I had an assistant. This is fucking cool. 

 I never had an assistant before but it kind of felt good to be at a position where I required one. Now I knew what it felt like to be like my agent, Erika. Erika, who was currently watching me with an impressed look on her face as she glanced through her iPad on my right. She was in full support of this the second I brought up what I wanted to do.  "Does it say spring? Yes or no?"

My assistant eyed the design for a second and I hoped she was able to understand over the past days since I've hired her that I wasn't looking for her to suck up to me. I was looking for honesty.  "Yes."

"Exactly. This one. What do we think?" I pointed to the second photo in my hands. Soon afterward, a chorus of agreements came from my team. My advisor shot me a thumbs up. "Send a call to the others. Let them know what we've picked." 

When my advisor and assistant left the room, I glanced over at Angie through the laptop screen.

She wasn't here for this meeting, doing her job around the country for the next couple of weeks but her excitement was felt through the screen. So was Krystal's when I had shown her my idea. When I had told my friends about my plan to get involved in clothing, Angie and Krystal worked fast. They both gave me some of their contacts and pitched in their thoughts whenever they could to support me. 

"What do you think?"

"Perfect," She agreed and I heard a lot of background noise on her end but didn't see anything. Touring with a band must be hectic I figured but she seemed perfectly fine and happy to me. "You put a lot of thought into this."

"I had to," I twisted my pen in my hand, looking around the office space. It's a good thing networking is one of my best abilities, I thought, glancing over the open view of Los Angeles from the windows. This was definitely something I could get used to. "Plus-"

"Mama Okonji got really involved in this, didn't she?"

"Big time." I huffed at the memory of my last phone call with my parents. When I told my mom I wanted to go into fashion, she supported me. But telling her that I was going to someway somehow incorporate Nigerian fashion into western fashion made her get heavily involved in what I was doing. It felt good to bond with her over something we both liked. 

My agent, Erika, appeared next to me waving at Angie. "Hi, Angela."

Angie, too nice to tell Erika that she doesn't go by that name, smiled regardless. "Hi, Erika."

Erika patted me on the shoulder. "You have an hour."

"An hour until what?" Angie asked curiously.