Chapter Forty-Two: That Thing Between Your Damn Legs.

Dedicated to YoureNotMyMumDad for the cute character boards below <3

Chapter Forty-Two: "That Thing Between Your Damn Legs

Chapter Forty-Two: "That Thing Between Your Damn Legs."

I'VE SAID IT BEFORE, and I'll say it again: Caleb Romero Henderson was the most dramatic person I knew.

I knew it before we started dating and during our honeymoon phase of our relationship. Where we couldn't keep our hands off each other and spent days when we weren't busy with each other, outside, in our houses, in bed-

A lot of time has been spent in bed.

I knew plenty of things about the man. I knew a lot of his likes and dislikes just by being near him and every annoying habit he had or things he couldn't stand. He was curious. Too curious for his own good and now that I was next to him for most of the days, I was more exposed to his hypothetical thoughts more so than usual.

Those thoughts somehow drove his need to be dramatic.

Like now.

"What?"

"Yup," I said, my lips curling upward. My eyes focused on his arms, looking over at the tattoos. Constant questions came from me about the various tattoos most of the day as he read his book while I muttered the lines of the script in my hand. I wasn't really surprised by the answers of the tattoos on his arms. They were either linked to a family member, a close friend or the occasional'I got it because it looked cool'.

But when he started asking his usual questions struck by something he had seen in the novel he was reading, my script lay discarded next to his book.

My arms wrapped around his lean body; his heat felt against my cheek as I traced down along the inking. It was nice to press my face against his chest and sometimes lay with him in complete silence, enveloping myself in him. It was moments like this, all the moments, that I enjoyed.

You know, before he started talking about one of his ridiculous questions again.

But I never minded them. It was fun getting him riled up when I gave him the answer he least expected. He would give me the most ludicrous expression, like he couldn't believe I had just said what I said.