Chapter Twenty-Four: Death Glare Competition.

go stream old town road by lil nas x k thanks :) and thanks for 500K+

Chapter Twenty-Four: "Death Glare Competition."

I STOOD BESIDE GIULIO, tapping my foot anxiously as we waited for our cue to walk into the scene. Jake and Isabella were talking as their characters and everyone's eyes were glued to them.

The movie was coming along great and thinking past on it I was glad that I was given the opportunity to work alongside talented people like them. And the crew itself, I thought, looking at everyone who was peeking in at the production from outside on the screens set up or inside the house as well.

Damn, everyone's looking at this so intensely you'd think something explicit was going on here. Maybe this was normal, but I never really had time to see how everyone else reacted to our acting. I caught Giulio looking at everyone in confusion as well and we exchanged a look before focusing back to the scene.

Over the past couple of days, I had time to process everything Caleb and I had discussed that night. That Caleb of all people had fallen in love years ago, almost a decade ago and the girl he loved died.

Holy fück, I couldn't help but think. What could have been going on through his head at that moment of time or even when he had told me? He was most definitely one of the hardest people to read and get a grasp upon and usually it wasn't hard to do that.

Even Giulio who stood beside me was easy to read. He was evidentially ready to go, chewing on his bottom lip as he waited to hear for our cue with anticipation. But the way his fingers were drumming against his thighs gave me the impression that he was slightly nervous. That's was his tell-tale sign. I knew him for three years, it wasn't hard to understand him.

But Caleb? I couldn't comprehend his mindset. He lost his mom without knowing her. He lost his dad years after. Then he loses someone he loved in a tragic accident.

I watched him out of the corner of my eye. He was laughing as he listened to what AJ was whispering to him. He pointed at where Jake and Isabella sat on the couch, obviously discussing the scene.

He lived alone, in a nice big apartment all by himself. His best friend miles away, along with brother and his family and yet he lives alone in Italy, isolating himself even further. For what purpose? For inspiration to write books? Once again, I called bullshit, there was more to that story- hell there was way more to Caleb overall that no one knew about.

Caleb coughed into his arm, running a hand through his hair. On top of my thoughts, the guy was getting sick. Like majorly sick. If his face turned green and he suddenly threw up all over the set I wouldn't have been surprised.

And the cause of the sickness was probably due to the stress he had been hiding from everyone building up. He had told me of the writing he had had to do all last week and evidentially it's been overwhelming him. But it was Caleb. He wouldn't tell anyone.

He had a box of tissues in his hand and a garbage can next to his chair. 'Just in case' he had told me. On top of that, his nose was red but instead of staying home and getting rest what did Caleb say when someone pointed it out? "Who else is going to bring the donuts?"

Idiot. Adorable idiot, but an idiot, nevertheless.

The same donut he took a huge bite out of, making me shake my head. He's acting like what he had come down with wasn't serious. But when we were getting lunch with a couple of others before meeting here, I didn't miss the wince that came out of his mouth when he was beside me and his hand press to his head unknowingly.

So, on top of the coughing and sneezing, he had a headache. And yet he came.

There couldn't be someone more stubborn to miss something.