21

========================

Dancing

========================

"If you dance with your heart, your body will follow"

========================

Ryker lets out a breath as he enters the hall his tie loosely hung around his shoulders, "Mr. Layland can you please sign this for me?", a boy asks him, confusing the hell out of him, "sorry Nigel, Ryker has to go", Azar says jumping on Ryker's back who instantly smiles and holds the kids legs keeping him in place, Maven smiles seeing her two brothers and the three of them head over to the Gryffindor table, Ryker sitting next to Hermione while Maven sits at his side and Azar next to his sister, Nigel runs over and gives Ron a package before staring at Harry, "uhh Weasley?", Ryker asks, causing Ron to look from him to Nigel, "not now, Nigel later", the boy runs off and Hermione gives him a look, "I told him I'd get him Harry and Ryker's Autograph", Ryker shakes his head and looks at the paper seeing the bullshit article about Harry and Hermione, Ron opens the package, "oh look mum's sent me something", he states and opens it, "Mum sent me a dress?", Ron asks taking out a ruffled old looking dress robe, "well it does match your eyes", Azar jokes causing Ryker to laugh and high five the boy, Ron glares at the Slytherins, "is there a bonnet?", Harry asks and pulls one out, "ah ha", he says with a chuckle holding it to Ron's chest, "nose down Harry", Ron walks over to Ginny, "Ginny these must be for you", Ryker laughs along with Hermione while Maven places her hand over her mouth in silent laughter, "I'm not wearing that it's ghastly", Ron look to Hermione and Ryker with a confused expression, "they're not for Ginny, they're for you", Hermione explains, "Dress robes", Ryker says with a chuckle, "Dress robes for what?", Ron asks, "Yule Ball most likely", Ryker states before placing a piece of toast in his mouth.

Both Snape and McGonagall had allowed Ryker to join Gryffindor for their dancing class having found that Ryker didn't interact well with his own house, "The Yule ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard tournament since its inception", McGonagall starts, "on Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity as representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward and I mean this literally, because the Yule Ball is, first and foremost a dance", this causes most of the boys to groan while the girls seem to almost flutter at the idea, Ryker looks to Hermione with a small smile, he knew he wouldn't be able to join in at the dance, for it was on a full moon, "Silence!", McGonagall growls, "The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly 10 centuries, I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling bumbling band of baboons", McGonagall states, Ryker looks to the Weasley twins who begin to try saying the line five times faster, "now to the dance, is to let the body breath, inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst forth and take flight", McGonagall says, "something's about to burst out of Eloise Midgen but I don't think its a swan", Ron says thinking his voice was kept low, McGonagall glares at him, "inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance, Mr Weasley", she calls, "yes?", Ron asks, "will you join me, please?", he stands beginning to lose his confidence, he stands in front of the female professor, "Now place your right hand on my waist", "where?", he asks, "my waist", McGonagall says placing the Gryffindors hand on her waist, "and extend your arm", Ron does as told looking around worried, "Mr. Filch, if you please", Filch nods and begins to play the music, "one, two, three", McGonagall counts with the steps, and repeats, "Never gonna let him forget this, are you?", Harry asks the Weasley twins, "never", they say at the same time, "everybody come together", the boys sit there and Ryker looks to Hermione and nods, he walks down and meets her in the middle of the dance floor both instantly moving together, Neville is the next to go, dancing with Ginny, "boys on your feet!", McGonagall yells, Ryker ignoring the other girls swooning over him and completely focusing on the girl dancing with him, "I'm a terrible dancer", Hermione says, "your doing pretty good so far, besides, I'll always catch you when you fall", Ryker smiles seeing the smile grace the girl's face, "you know I would ask you to the Dance if it wasn't a moon night, I'm sorry", Ryker apologises, Hermione smiles her cheeks tinted pink, "maybe I won't go, maybe I'll just spend the night with you", Hermione says, "don't do that Hermione, ask someone, go have fun", "and if someone asks me", "can't say I won't threaten them", Hermione giggles, seeing his eyes tint a yellow at the thought, "you will tell me who won't you?", "maybe on the night if someone does ask me", "someone will, your smart and beautiful, I'll be very much surprised if someone doesn't", Hermione smiles and shakes her head, Ryker chuckles and spins her around before pulling her back in, his hand on her waist, she grins, leans up and presses a kiss to his cheek as the song stops.