31

========================

Order Of The Phoenix

========================

"The most important things in life aren't things"

========================

Ryker ended up having scars from the top of his shoulder right down to the bottom of his back from his fight with the Alpha, Ilyana was, of course, worried to all hell but was glad her son was home and alive Toric heard and instantly scolded him but brought him into a gentle hug when finding out his brother was now alpha of the pack, what he failed to mention was that it was a cousin he had killed, School was in a days time, he wouldn't be getting on a train like the other but was going to floo instead, a day early to ensure Kanoa had everything in order, the pack warmed up to him fast finding the place become happier, the attacks had stopped something the wizards realized and were happy about, others, however, wanted to know who had been killing the humans, Toric had cleared it all up ensuring the other wizards that the new alpha would not be the same as the old alpha.

Ryker sits back in his chair, watching his father drawl out his words, arguing and reasoning was what was mainly had at the Order of Pheonix meetings, an Order of secret members against Voldemort and his Deatheaters, Ryker usually always sat there bored but paying attention, "there've been no sightings, no deaths no proof", someone states, "he almost killed Harry and Ryker if that isn't proof enough", Sirius argues, "yes but guarding you-know-what is the most important-", "we must trust Dumbledore on this", Ryker states, "was he able to protect Harry last year?", Sirius asks, Ryker sighs and rolls his head back, "well, tonight I say it's time to take action!" Sirius states before looking up and out the door, Harry had arrived, the arguments and discussions continue, Ryker sitting there daydreaming "Ryker", the boy hums looking at Sirius, "are you with us?", the boy in question nods, and Sirius goes back to talking, "if anyone has the right to know, it's Harry", Sirus states, "if it wasn't for Harry we wouldn't even know Voldemort was back", Ryker looks around, annoyed by the fact that ever since Sirius found out Snape was his father he trusted him less, it was annoying, he was nothing like his father, well maybe a bit broody but not on his father's level, Molly shoots Sirius a look of anger, "he's not a child Molly", Sirius states, "but he's not an adult either", Ryker says, "he's not James, Sirius", Molly says and nods, shooting Ryker a thankful look, "well he's not your son", "he's as good as, who else has he got?", "he's got me", Ryker hears the kids listening outside and turns his head, seeping his way into Crookshanks mind and ordering him to bite down on the evesdropping device, Ryker looks back to the group as Snape begins talking, "how touchingly sentimental, Black, perhaps Potter will grow up to be a felon just like his godfather", "now you stay out of this Snivellus", "can you guys drop the childhood drama", Ryker asks sitting right in his chair and placing his hands on the table, thorouly annoyed, "half these meeting are you both having an argumentative grudge on eachother, were talking about Harry and Voldamort, let's stick to why were here instead of the childhood grudge", he growls out, Sirius and Snape sit back in their chairs annoyed, the youngest member of the Order seemed to have been the only one who actually listened, others had grown used to the off topic arguments but every meeting the boy would shoot both his father and Sirius a look of annoyance, the meeting soon finishes and Ryker moves to stand, "Ryker deary do you wish to stay for dinner?", Molly asks, Ryker looks to his father who shrugs and Ryker looks to Molly, "no thank you, I don't wish to be any trouble", "oh it's alright dear, come stay", Ryker looks to Sirius who nods and Ryker looks to Snape and nods telling him he can go ahead, Severus walks off and Ryker sits down and rubs his temple, "you don't like sitting through these meeting do you?", Sirus asks, "can't we all not yell for once, it drives me mad all the yelling, really doesnt help with my sensitive hearing", "I apologize Lykaios", Ryker shakes his head and a drink is set in front of him along with a small shotglass of a brownish clear liquid, "hey Molly I think I'm a little too young to be drinking Whiskey", Molly laughs and shakes her head, "its for the headache love", Ryker nods and drinks it instantly scrunching his face up in distain causing Lupin and Sirius to laugh, Ryker drinks the chocolate drink and almost moans in love with the taste, his mixed emotions like a comedy show for the two mauraders in front of him, "oh shut up, I bet you never had to take that shite before Sirius your brains to small to hurt", this causes Lupin to laugh while Sirius throws a piece of bread at the boy who quickly dodges it and sticks his tongue out, "mature, real mature Layland", Ryker sits back down after the three of them are scolded like children by Molly, Molly calls the kids down and Ryker sits back down, Sirius standing up and looking at Harry, "Harry Potter", "Sirius", Harry grins and hugs his godfather, Harry sits next to Ryker, "Ryker what are you doing here?", Harry asks, "was here for the meeting that you nicely decided to eavesdrop till I got Crookshanks to bite the ear off", "you what?", Fred asks the male, "I got Crookshanks to bite the ear off your device", Ryker repeats drinking the chocolate, Ryker feels someone staring and he looks to Hermione who smiles, Ryker smiling back, Harry watching the exchange with a smile.

"this is very, very peculiar", Arthur says, "it seems your hearing in the Ministry is to be before the entire Wizengamot", "I don't understand, what has the Ministry got against me?", Harry asks, "show him", Sirius nods, "he'll find out soon enough", Ryker who was standing up helping Molly cut vegetables, picks up the paper and sets it on the table before continuing as he was doing, Harry looks over the paper, "he's been attacking Dumbledore as well, and Ryker, even if he hasn't said a lot", Sirius states, "Fudge has been using all this power, including his influence at the Daily Prophet", Lupin says, "to smear anyone who claims the Dark Lord has returned", "why?", Harry aks, "he thinks Dumbledore is after his job", Ryker states, "no one in their right mind could believe that", "Exactly the point", Lupin states, "Fudge isnt in his right mind, it's been twisted and warped by fear", Harry goes to complain, "now, fear makes people do terrible things Harry", Ryker says, "from my understanding, the last time Voldemort gained power, he almost destroyed everything, and I mean everything, now he has returned and the Minister will do almost anything to avoid facing the terrifying truth", Molly shoots the boy a look but Sirius continues, "We think Voldemort wants to build up his army again", Molly looks at the man, "Fourteen years ago, he had huge numbers at his command and not just witches and Wizards, but all manner of dark creatures, he's been recruiting heavily and we've been attempting to do the same, but gathering followers isnt the only thing he's intrested in, we beleive", Sirius pauses as Moody clears his throat, "Voldemort may be after something", "Sirius", Moody warns, "something he didn't have last time", "you mean like a weapon?", Harry asks, "no that's enough, he's just a boy, you say more and you might as well induct him into the Order", "good, I want to join, If Voldemort's raising an army, then I want to fight, besides, Ryker is apart of the order, so why can't I be", "I'm a wolf, Harry and I'm a two years older than you, my family has a pack that I know will soon stand behind us, I'm a soldier, but you, your important, don't be so quick to join something like this", Ryker warns, "and why not, your important to people to", "I'm expendable" Ryker says finishing the argument, the wizards and witches in the room watching the boy with confused looks, some growing sad as they realize what he meant, he felt it wouldn't matter if he died, his death would be easy to get over, because, in reality, he had no real place in this war than to be another soldier fighting for a cause.

Ryker lets out a small breath as he lays in his bed, curled up, it was a day before school and he didn't even want to get up, "Ryker you have to head to the school come on up", Ilyana smiles seeing the boy still in bed the claw marks down his back had healed and become scars, Ryker opens his eyes and he looks to Ilyana who sits next to him and gently kisses his forehead, "I'm going to miss you", Ilyana says, Ryker smiles, "I'll miss you to mum", Ilyana smiles and hugs the male a smile on her face, "don't cause too much trouble and for the love of this family, please don't get yourself killed", "I'll go down fighting mum, I'll do whatever it takes to come back to you and Toric", Ryker states and sits up hugging the woman who had been his mother for years.