29

========================

Friends

========================

"we are here to laugh at the odds and live out lives so well that death will tremble to take us"

- Charles Bukowski

========================

Ryker's eyes shoot open as he sits up, sweat running across his skin, his shirt wet, Maven looks at him worried, 'your awake', "it seems so", 'who did it?', Maven asks, "Voldemort", Maven's eyes widen and she hugs her brother, "he cruciod me the little bitch", 'least you aren't dead', "no he just killed two of my friends" Ryker says harshly, he didn't mean for it to come off that way but he was angry, beyond angry, he was meant to help and protect Harry, "I'm sorry Maven, I- I just feel angry, I didn't mean to take it out on you", Maven shakes her head and kisses his forehead, 'there's food downstairs', Ryker nods, "I'm gonna take a long cold shower first", Maven nods and leaves the room while Ryker showers before heading down, "how long was I asleep?", 'well, the other schools leave in a few hours', "should we see them off?", Ryker asks, 'Azar wants to', "well alright then", Ryker breaths out and begins to eat, a lot, but who could blame him, he was out for quite a long time, he even missed Cedric's memorial parade and funeral.

Fleur looks at Ryker as he leans against a pillar, she instantly walks over and hugs him, "thank you for helping me, I would have probably perished if you didn't", "don't worry about it Fleur", "you are the kindest Slytherin I have heard of here, thank you, for everything", Ryker smiles and she kisses his cheek before walking off, Krum walks over and bro hugs the male, "thank you, friend", "for what?", "for not killing me", "my mind went hazy you were the last thing on my mind", "not for that, for not killing me when I took Hermione to the ball", "we weren't a thing, I had no claim on who she took, I didn't even want to go, for personal reasons, I should be thanking you for making her happy showing her how to have fun while there", Krum smiles and pats the boy on the back, "I can assure you, you make her a lot more happy than I ever will, here, owl me if you ever want to hang out", Krum says handing him a piece of paper, Ryker nods and gives him his own address, "you do the same", Krum nods and leaves, Ryker, Maven, and Azar and Warrick who had joined them stand on a Balcony watching as the two other schools leave, "we'll never have a peaceful year here will we?", Warrick asks, "nope never, not at all", Ryker states, Warrick laughs and nods, "of course".

Ryker sits with Toric, Warrick with Ryan and Elias, all of them outside on the beach sitting around a fire, the four males beside him talking, "you alright man?", Ryan asks while Toric, Elias and Warrick talk, "yeah", Ryker nods, "I'm fine", "I can tell your not", "just wishing I could have done something is all, but I was weak, took shelter behind a friggin tombstone and passed out", "you were hit with cruicio I'm not surprised, besides, Harry is the boy who lived, it doesn't matter, he would have lived anyway", Ryker nods and smiles at Ryan who pats his back, Ryker leans forward slightly as he stares into the fire, watching as an image flickers through it, flashes of Voldamort, A dark mark, Ryker knew there were dark times ahead, he just didn't know when the time would arise, he didn't know who would be by his side, but he definetly knew who side he'd be on, the one side which might hurt him but the cause would always be worth it, the side he had been brought into when he was 13, Dumbledore's side.

Hermione smiles as she sees Ryker sitting with his friends, brother, and cousin, talking and laughing with them, he never talked much about that night at the last task, but she knew he felt guilty for whatever reason and there was nothing she or anyone could do, but he did his best to push through and smile, he was just strong like that, she walks down and Ryker smiles up at her, pulling her down next to him, pressing a kiss to her forehead, "my dad is watching", Hermione whispers, Ryker smiles down at her, "that's alright", Hermione blushes, causing the male to chuckle and take her hand in his own, both joining in on the boy's conversation.

Ryker ducks under Toric's swing and brings his knee up into the man's stomach before flipping him around and smashing his face into the sand, Ryker moves back breathing heavily, they had been at it for hours, Ryker had bruises all over his body but he kept going despite Toric wanting to go easy on him, "come on Ryker, let's take a break", "no I can keep pushing", "and what die, Ryker, trust me when I say stop now, take a break, I get your a wolf and you have bad feeling about the future and think you need training, which by the way you don't, your fine, but take a break", Ryker sighs and nods running his hand through his sweat-dampened hair that was sticking to his forehead like the sand sticking to his body, Toric lets out a breath and runs into the ocean while Ryker watches him, "why are you always up so early?", Hermione asks, rubbing her eyes as she walks over to the boy, Ryker turns and looks to Hermione with a smile, "traning, I'm thinking of visiting the pack my mother came on, I don't exactly know how it will go but I'd hope to at least talk to them", Hermione hums, "well I doubt you need to be at it for hours", "I like to push myself Mione", "I know, just don't push so hard, you'll hurt yourself doing that", "you sound like Toric", "thats because I'm right", the werewolf yells from the water, Ryker rolling his eyes before looking to Hermione with a cheeky grin, he quickly pulls her against his sweaty body making her squeal, "no, Ryker, your all sweaty", "uh huh", he mutters and laughs as she trips, bringing him down only he turns so he takes the brunt of the fall, she smiles down at him and Ryker grins, Hermione shakes her head at his adorableness and kisses his lips gently.