32

========================

Alpha

========================

Leadership cannot really be taught. It can only be learned"

========================

Ryker walks into his room and places a suitcase on his bed, he magically unpacks before heading out to the pack house, "Alpha", Kanoa greets, "hello Kanoa", "so students are coming back tomorrow?", Ryker nods "yup that means I'll be forced to spend less time here", "that's right, your a student", Kanoa states and Ryker rolls his eyes and the pair of them walk around discussing whats to happen, "I need you to something important for me", Ryker says to his beta, "what is it?", "make sure no death-eaters or anyone to do with Voldemort knows about me being Alpha, or anything about this pack in general".

Hermione smiles as she finds Ryker sitting in a clearing near the school, his eyes set on the forest in front of him, she sits next to him and Ryker turns his head looking at Hermione with a smile instantly pulling her onto his lap and kissing her, feeling those sparks that Kanoa had mentioned, "I missed you", he states as he pulls back from the kiss, a smile on his lips, "its only been a few days", "I still missed you", Hermione smiles softly and wraps her arms around the wolf, burying her face in his neck, "we better go, Dumbledore will be giving his speech soon", Ryker states, Hermione pulls her head back and nods, Ryker presses a kiss to her lips before getting up, with Hermione still in his arms, he gently places her down and takes her hand in his, both of them walking to the main hall.

The pair enter the hall and immediately arms are wrapped around him, "Maven", he smiles, 'How was your holidays?', "it was alright", "yeah right, I heard you got into it with an alpha", Azar states as he walks over, Hermione looks at Ryker with a worried expression, "what?", she asks, "it's alright, I ended up alright", "yeah right, he's an alpha now", "Azar", Ryker says with a voice of warning, "sorry", he mutter and hugs the older male, "just got worried, you didnt owl back all holiday", "busy", Azar nods, "Dumbledore said you would be after I owled him", "of course", Ryker mutters, "come lets go sit", Hermione asks, Ryker and Azar nods, going to sit with the Gryffindors while Maven goes and sits with the other Ravenclaws, the new students are sorted and Dumbledore steps forward, "Good evening, children, Now, we have two changes in staff this year, were pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank, who'll be taking Care of Magical Creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave, we also wish to welcome out new Defense against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge and I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck, now as usual our caretaker, Mr Filch has asked me to remind you" the new Defence teacher in pink clears her throat, gaining everyones attention and stands up moving around the table, "she was at my hearing, she works for fudge", Harry says, Ryker's fist tightens, Hermione gently takes his hand in her own, "hey, are you alright?", Hermione whispers, Ryker nods, "Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome, and how lovely to see all your bright happy faces, smiling up at me, I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends", "that's likely", the Weasley twins sarcastically say, "The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school, progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged, let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be prohibited", "fuck", Ryker mutters, 'what?', Maven asks, "she's going to disallow magic", he whispers to her, she nods and Ryker's jaw clenches, "Thank you, Professor Umbridge, that really was most Illuminating", "Illuminating?", Ron says, "what a load of waffle", "what's it mean?", Harry asks, "Magic is forbidden in the corridors", Dumbledore states, "it means the Ministry's interfering at Hogwarts", Hermione answers.

Ryker places his hands on the main table of the secret room, "I don't understand", Azar says, "the Ministry is trying to take over Hogwarts using that bitch in pink, she'll do anything to please the Minister I can just tell", Ryker states, he sighs and sits down, Maven looking over her older brother, 'you look tired', "I am", Ryker looks up, "do you ever want to talk", Ryker asks, 'what?', "I know someone who could help you fix your vocal cords, and we can get you talking again", 'w-what?', "he's my pack doctor, I have already told Dumbledore so he'd gladly give you a week off if need be, I can help you catch up on everything", Azar grins looking at his older sister, "you should do it", the boy says, 'I-I don't know, with everything happening, I shouldn't leave', "it's just a week M, it won't hurt anyone", she nods, 'but we don't tell anyone about the ability if it works till I'm ready okay?', Ryker nods, Azar looking confused, "we don't tell anyone about the ability okay?", Ryker asks, Azar nods, "secrets safe with me", Azar smiles, "you best be off to sleep Azar", the boy nods and hugs both his siblings before heading off to bed, 'I'm going to bed too, don't stay up too late', Ryker nods and his sister heads off, Ryker hears his door open and he turns his head looking at it and seeing Snape, "father", he greets, "it will become harder to sneak out with Umbridge around", Snape says, sitting across from his son, "I know", "do you need me to make you wolfsbane potions", "no, I'll keep control and if I can't, well theres a window right there", Ryker states pointing to it, "don't you dare go jumping out windows", "sorry dad, been doin it for years", Snape looks at his son with a dissapointed frown, "Albus wanted me to ask about the Pack", "they're behind him, behind me, no doubt", Snape nods, "good", "is that all you came to talk about?", "you and Miss Granger seem close", Ryker snaps his eyes to Snape's, "be careful with what you say to her Ryker", Ryker frowns and Snape stands up leaving swiftly, "he's your father?", Ryker snaps his head towards the staircase to the library, Hermione standing there, Ryker nods and stands his head hung, he tiredly pulls his tie off and places it on the table, Hermione frowns and walks over, "hey, are you okay?", Ryker lifts his head and smiles gently looking at her, "better with you by my side", he says and wraps his arms around the female, pulling her close, Hermione smiles resting her head on his chest, his hand moves up to her cheek and he pulls back, gently kissing her, she wraps her arms around his neck and his hands move down her body, his hands resting on her hips, Hermione pulls away first and smiles up at the male, "let's head to bed?", she asks, Ryker nods and Hermione takes his hand, both of them heading up to his room, Hermione heads to the bathroom to change while Ryker merely changed out of his uniform quickly into some sweatpants, Hermione walks out seeing the large scars down Ryker's back, "did the alpha do that?", she asks, Ryker turns his head and nods, "yeah, right before I sunk my teeth into his throat", he says and sighs laying down, Hermione walks over and lays down next to him, Ryker pulling the girl to him, a smile on his lips.