42

========================

Necklace

========================

"Don't ever doubt your worth"

========================

Ryker frowns as he nears the three broomsticks only to find Katie Bell hovering in the hair, Rykers eyes flicker with a mixture of emotions knowing who was behind it, "Hermione, Harry, Ron stay back", he warns and moves forward taking out his wand and magically hovering the necklace, looking at it, he frowns and places it in its casing before wrapping it up carefully, "Ryker", Hagrid asks, "can you take Katie to the Infirmary while I take this to McGonagall", Hagrid nods and Ryker looks to the Trio seeing Hermione drunk but quickly sobering up, "you four, go with Ryker", Hagrid asks, the four nod and follow Ryker to McGonagall.

"you're sure Katie did not have this in her possession when she entered the three broomsticks?", McGonagall asks, "It's like I said, she left to go to the loo and when she came back, she had the package, she said it was important she deliver it", "did she say to whom?", "to Professor Dumbledore", the girl says, "very well Leanne, you may go", McGonagall dismisses, once she leaves she looks at the trio with a seemingly disappointed look, "why is when something happens, it is always you three?", "Beleive me, Professor I've been asking myself the same question for six years", Ron says, Ryker looks up as his father enters the room, "oh, Severus, what do you think?", McGonagall asks Snape walks over like Ryker using his wands magic to levitate the necklace into the air, "I think, Ms. Bell is lucky to be alive", "she was cursed wasn't she?", Harry asks, "I know Katie, off the Quidditch Pitch, she wouldn't hurt a fly, if she was delivering that to Professor Dumbledore, she wasn't doing it knowingly", "yes she was cursed", McGonagall nods, "it was Malfoy", Harry says, Ryker's eyes snapping to the boy, "that is a very serious accusation, Potter", McGonagall says, "indeed", Snape agrees, Ryker raises a brow, but he knew full well why he would certainly assume Malfoy was behind it, "your evidence?", Snape asks, "I just know", Harry responds, "you "just" know, Once again, you're astonished with your gifts, Potter, gifts mere mortals can only dream of possessing, how grand it must be to be the Chosen One", Snape sneers, "maybe they should go back to their Dormitories?", Ryker suggests finally speaking up, they all look to him, McGonagall nods and the trio heads off, Snape takes the necklace and Ryker follows him after sending a small nod McGonagall's way.

"he'll no doubt be looking at that Mauradurs map of his tonight, any clue on how not to show up on it?", Ryker asks, "not one", Snape drones out, Ryker sighs, "might have to meet the boy there, I won't be at dinner", "Ryker you still need to take care of yourself, you barely eat and I can tell you've barely been sleeping", Snape says as they both stop, "dad, I'm fine, don't need to fuss", Ryker says with a small smile and leaves his side.

Ryker watches Draco as he attempts to fix the cabinet, Ryker sitting on a couch his eyes looking around the place, his eyes looking over all the junk around the ROR, a sigh escapes his throat and Draco looks at him, "how long has it been since you slept?", he asks, "I don't know", Ryker sighs, "does Granger know about the, you know?", "fuck no and I'd like to keep it that way", Draco looks at Ryker and nods, "what do you see in her?", Draco asks, "she's Intelligent, beautiful, her personality is great, she never judged me as others did", "shes a mudbl- muggle-born", Draco says quickly correcting himself, he didn't want to anger Ryker seeing as he was the only friend he had, one true friend, "what do you have against them, the only reason they are hated was because Voldemort decided to twist Salazar's words into his own", "what?", Malfoy asks, "Salazar yes didn't agree with Muggle-borns being taught magic but that was only because he didn't trust their muggle parents, he didn't hate them, just didn't agree", "my father told me otherwise", Ryker sighs and looks to Draco, "maybe it's about time to stop living in your fathers Shadow Draco, you don't need to do everything he says or believe everything he says, no offense but your father is a nasty cowardice, little git", Draco looks away from Ryker and back to the cupboard continuing his attempts on fixing it, he knew Ryker was right, but he had to do this.

Ryker heads for the Gryffindor common room, having been invited to the party only to find his sister walking away from it, tears in her eyes, Ryker immediately follows her and sits with her on some stairs, "what happened, who do I have to kill?", he asks in a serious voice making her laugh lightly, "no one, I'm okay", "those tears tell me otherwise", "I think I like Ron", "that idiot, why him, how do you know?", "Lavender brown started snogging him in the middle of the party and this pain just burst in my chest and I was filled with anger and sadness", "sound like you my dear little siren of a sister have yourself a mate", "come on Ryker even you know its rare for someone like me", "true but you did hang out with him on the holidays, so tell me, when you hugged or touched what did you feel?", "tingles, sparks, ya know like fireworks", Ryker chuckles, "what?", "it's what I feel with Hermione, she makes me feel amazing, like its just me and her against the world, I'd do anything to protect her, to keep that spark", "that's why then", Maven mutters, Ryker nods sadly, "that's why, but you gotta fight for your mate, Maven, stay strong, Ron will come to his senses", footsteps come down and Ron and Lavender come down the steps, "oops looks like this room is taken", she says, Lavender moves away and Ron stares at Maven, "are you alright M?", Ryker flicks his wand and the birds flying above him instantly shoot at him, Ron just dodging them, "Jesus your mental you are Ryker", Ryker growls at him and Ron takes off, Maven smiles sadly and Ryker wraps an around her allowing her to cry into his chest as rests his chin on her head.