63

========================

Alpha

========================

"The measure of a man is what he does with power"

========================

Ryker walks around his classroom and comes to a stop by the window his brown eyes looking over the lands outside, "Professor", Ryker hums and turns his head looking to the four students, Sasha, Justine, Lee and Jordan Muldoon, a Gryffindor, "Hello, what may I help you four with?", "well you see Professor, we were just wondering, how does someone become an Animagus", Jordan asks, "I'm gonna guess you four want to become one?", the four students chuckle, "you all realise things can go wrong in this right", "we're willing to take the risk professor", Justine says with a small smile tugging her Slytherin robe closer to her body, "fine, come on sit down, we'll talk about it", Jordan quickly shuts the door and the four sit at some desks, Ryker leaning back on his with his arms crossed, "right so do you all know the risks", "a possible permanent half human mutation can happen", Lee answers, "correct", Ryker nods, "anyone know the incantation?", "Amato Animo Animato Animagus", Justine responds, "we have to do that on a daily basis while the Mandrake leaf is in our mouth", "Correct", Ryker chuckles, "if you know, why come to me", "because we wanted one professor in on it and we trust you sir", Sasha says, "also I need help making the potions", Justine says, Ryker sighs and shakes his head, "your all in second grade", "we know, but you know how advanced we are", Ryker hums, "yeah I certainly know", he thinks on it for a moment, "I'm gonna take a wild guess and say your gonna stay unregistered?", the four nod, "alright, Justine, can you grab the potions book third year from the cupboard down the back, we'll need it", the brunette nods and moves quickly, "full moon is tonight, Lee and Jordan, go ask Professor Longbottom if I could have four Mandrake leaves, just say I'm using it for a potion", "won't he know?", Sasha asks, "he was never into potions, so no he won't know", Sasha smiles, "and you Miss Farnell are gonna help Miss Bowman keep notes.

"It's only been a week", Jordan groans out, Ryker chuckles looking at the four students, it was only Jordan who had been complaining about the Mandrake leaf being in his mouth so long, "shut up you idiot, we still have three left so stop complaining", Lee says, "God I bet your gonna turn out to be a lemur", Justine growls, "I bed your gonna turn out to be some kinda bit-", "Muldoon complete that sentence and I'll make sure to grade you down on your next work", Ryker warns, instantly shutting the male up, Justine smiles and continues working on whatever she's working on while the boys talk, Ryker didn't mind having the four in his class during lunch hours, it was often Sasha or Justine talking to him, he was glad they didn't pry into his past and preffered to actually talk about either wrote, something they were intrested in or asking his opinions and what his intrests were, "so what exactly are you two planning on doing after school?", Ryker asks the two girls, "I have no clue", Sasha sighs, "Auror, I think it would be cool", Justine states, "you could certainly become one with your grades", "I also want to help Miss Granger with the House Elf project, it would be nice to see the House Elves treated better", Justine says, "that's so true", Sasha says and smiles, "I think you could be an Auror too Sasha", Ryker comments, the girl almost blushing, "I don't know, it seems like a big responsibility", Ryker smiles sitting back, "you could totally be capable, especially if they put you four in a team", "sir why did you choose to be a teacher, you could have been a great Auror by now", Jordan states, "I like working here at Hogwarts, it's comforting, nice, comfortable, I've had a little bit too much Auror work to last a lifetime and i was never even an Auror", Ryker says with a smile, "hmm, understandable", Justine says, "what are you doing?", Lee asks looking over the female's shoulder, the girl looks to her friend and shows the group the imagine she drew, it was a symbol of sorts, "our group symbol", she says, "you guys are gonna use these gifts for something aren't you?", "well yeah, other than just wanting to achieve something like this", Ryker nods and they all look to the door as Minnie walks in and knocks, "hello Professor, may I speak to you", Ryker nods and the four students leave, "yes Minnie?", Ryker asks, "Harry wants to talk to you", "when?", "as soon as possible, it's in regards to the packs", "which one?", "Dawnbreaker", Ryker lets out a low growl and nods, Minnie leaves the red eyed male who stands and hangs his head, his hands on his desk as he attempts to calm himself, his anger got worse to control the more he was away from his mate, he constantly worried, trying to remind himself that the dark lord was gone, that the death eaters have depleted, gone, all of them, now with the dark lord gone, the Dawnbreaker and three other packs aren't as afraid of stepping out he often had to travel to make them back down, some took him seriously, others didn't, he had two packs behind him, his own and his grandmothers, another pack connecting do to his own was also behind him, making it the largest pack in the world, no one wanted to go against them but it seemed some packs were changing, Ryker growls lowly and turns around looking out the window, his back straight arms crossed, he sighs bringing his right hand up, fixing his glasses, "hey Professor Ryker?", Ryker turns and looks at Justine, "yes?", "your the alpha of alphas aren't you?", Ryker tenses slightly, "how did you know?", "I uh, I'm a wolf to, sir", "what pack?", "the Dawnbreaker", as you and McGonagall were discussing, quite honestly I wouldn't allow the alpha back up, he's a horrible alpha, trying to make us all monsters", Ryker friends listening to the girl, "how do you know this", "because occasionally he'll take us kids aside and try to make us do something", "like kill a human?", Justine nods, "isn't the alpha your uncle?", "he is, yes, but even my family are ashamed to be related to him", "I'll talk with him", Ryker says, "please don't go alone alpha", Ryker smiles, "I won't, don't worry".

Ryker apparates to the beach house and walks inside, sighing and looking around, "Harry you here?", "kitchen", he hears the male call back, Ryker heads into the kitchen not even bothering to take his coat off, "Minnie said you needed to talk about the Dawnbreaker", "yeah, they're causing trouble, the alpha is getting his pack to kill humans, and from what I've heard, even get the young ones too", "sounds like my mothers cousin all over again", Ryker sighs and picks up vanilla folder Harry had sat on the counter top, "how are you Ryker", "I'm alright, you?", "just about the same", Ryker nods and sits with Harry reading over the information, "right, I'll get on tonight", "don't get yourself hurt Ry", Ryker chuckles, "I'll try", he smiles, "you know Hermione will kill you herself", Ryker smiles and nods, "yeah, after the yelling about recklessness", Harry smiles, "I'll leave the file with you", Ryker nods and Harry leaves, Hermione finally entering the room, "hey", she smiles and kisses his forehead, Ryker smiles looking to his mate and pecks her lips, "how was work?", Ryker asks, "great, we got a lot of new ideas, how was your work, kids causing trouble?", "no, it wasn't bad, though I found a student who wants to be an Auror and she and her friend wants to help you with the House Elf project", "really?", Hermione grins, Ryker nods and stands wrapping his arms around Hermione and grips her thighs, picking her up and placing her on the countertop, Hermione smiles placing her hands on his cheeks, pulling him in and kissing him. 

Ryker stands in a clearing, Kanoa and Toric behind him, "alpha", the Dawnbreaker alpha, Kygo almost mocks, Ryker's eyes hardening, "how about a challenge", Kygo asks, "human form to human form", he says and punches Ryker who grunts and looks up at the alpha, "your on", he growls and pulls off his jacket throwing it aside punching the alpha back hard, both swing at eachother, Kygo managing to cut him with his claws, two cuts over his right eyebrow and a cut next to Ryker's eye, Ryker moves quickly and punches Kygo real hard in the face, moving over grabbing him by the throat, pulling him up and slamming him back down with almost no effort, the alpha was in no way small, he was actually large, muscular, intimidating, but not to Ryker, he had faced worse and it gave him an advantage, he brings his knee up into the alpha's face and lets out a loud and powerful growl, his eyes turning red, "fuck you", Kygo growls, "you peice of wolf trash", Ryker growls and punches the alpha down, on and on Kygo is on his knees, "how dare you force your children to kill humans", Ryker growls out with a punch, "how dare you go after humans altogether", punch, "how dare you attempt to go after me and my pack", Ryker's mind goes back to the look of bruising on Justine's wrist and punches Kygo right down, knocking him out, "what was that one for?", Toric asks, "for hurting his niece", "his niece?", Kanoa asks, "his niece is my student, she is practically forced to come back here every now and then, she warned me about him, she never mentioned the bruises on her wrists but they are handprints, and when I last saw her with them, it had been a day since she had come back", the Dawnbreaker Beta looks at the alpha, "throw him in your cells and don't let him out till I say, one of you gather the pack and get his closet relatives", "yes alpha", the wolves nod and head to their cars while Ryker, Toric and Kanoa heads to their own, Kanoa driving, "you know, you look very dangerous when you're in alpha mode", Toric says, "I'm meant to", "I know, but it's kinda terrifying", Ryker turns and looks to his brother, "I'm not gonna hurt you, you know that right?", "course I do just can't help it", Ryker nods and looks forward as they come up to the house.