Nursing day

This really wasn't Kaito's best day. He lost to Nakamori-keibu at his heist yesterday, well, of course he didn't get caught but failed to steal the jewel and had to walk home in the hard pouring rain.
Which resulted in a gigantic cold.

Sneezing and coughing, the magician tugged himself tighter into his bed and exhaled softly.
"That about a heist tomorrow..."
This definitely was a cold which could last up to a week. What was he supposed to do? He was extremly bored. Until his phone rang.

"Bakaito!! I've been waiting an hour for you!"
Kaito flinched at the furious voice of his best friend Aoko and let out a quiet groan.
"Sorry I forgot... I'm..."
"Sick?!"
There was a silence at the end of the phone before he mumbled a small yes. Surprisingly for him, Aoko hung up the same second. Too exhausted to wonder about this he closed his eyes and relaxed, only to get disturbed again as suddenly the door flung open to his room and Aoko rushed in, a bowl of noodle soup in her hands.

"Ahoko...! W-what are you doing here get out..."
The magician really wasn't fond of having to deal with her hyper personality but she crouched down in front of him with a smile, holding the bowl out to him.
"Just relax yes? I'll nurse you back to health!"
Kaito wanted to complain but as he saw her begging expression he gave a defeated sigh and nodded, sitting up to eat slowly and painfully his soup.

Aoko brought him as well a second pillow and tried his best to make him relax.
"Now sleep! As sooner you are fit as faster can we go to the cinema like you promised me!"
Kaito grumbled in a somewhat annoyed way but still smiled.

It was nice to have such a best friend.