Thumbelina: Shin-chan Edition

Shinichi had no idea why the antidote he took only shrunk him further. Well, he was Kudo Shinichi now. But... small. He wasn't taller than a pen.
Too small for a big, busy, chibi scientist to notice him.

Instead of Haibara, Hattori was the one to notice him. After a good ten minutes laugh he picked the pouting detective up and sat him down on his baseball cap.
"How did tha' even happen? Ya shrink way ta much for my taste."
Shinichi scoffed at his savior and leaned back against the fabric.
"Took a prototype of the antidote. So I guess I won't stay forever like this."
Hattori couldn't suppress a short chuckle and looked up against his cap.
"Guess for tha time being ya gotta stay with me. Sad ya cannot chase KID tonight."
Shinichi's eyes grew wide in realization. Right. Today was the Kaitou's heist. And he wasn't able to participate. Heck, there he had better chances as Conan!

At the end, Heiji kindly granted him to come along, sitting on his shoulder. Shinichi did his best to keep himself hidden in Heiji's jacket, occasional peeking out to analyze his surroundings and support Heiji's deductions. Together, they even disabled most of Kaitou KID's trap and finally took their positions near the necklace KID had announced to steal.
Nakamori-keibu seemed to become even more enegetic as the final time approached. Heiji rolled his eyes and muttered "I swear ta ya my ears are gonna fall off..." into his collar, to which he receives an acknowledging grumble. At least one advantage about his situation, Shinichi didn't have the keibu pinching the living hell out of his cheek. On Hattori's cheek, tho, greeted everybody a huge red mark.

Heiji glared down onto his watch as if it had personally offended him. A few seconds left, Shinichi could feel the rising tension as clear as ever. Shifting officers everywhere, even tho they all did their best to appear calm.
But...
Shinichi's eyes shot up wide and he turned to whisperyell at Hattori.
"Hattori! That policeman over there! He's the only calm one! That is KID!"
Yet before any action could be taken the power shut down and the two detectives remained in the dark. A sweet and at the same time burning smell spread through the room and within a second, Heiji's brain clicked.
"Sleeping gas!! Take on your masks!"
He fiddled to put his on and then, his grin dropped as he came to realise his mistake.
"Sorry Kudo. I forgot ya need one too."
"D-doesn't matter... go get 'im..." came the slurred answer next to him and Heiji sighed, gently taking the sleeping Shinichi into his hand and resting him in his breast pocket.

He dashed after the KID, as eager as ever chasing the cheeky phantom. Person after person fell victim to the Kaitou's pranks until only Heiji was left. At the end of the hallway Heiji found himself in a dead end, KID trapped in front of him. Without debating over his next move he jumped at the magician and smirked.
"Gotcha!"
"I beg to differ," the immediate response came right behind him, smug as ever. Heiji gasped and spun around, indeed, he had tackled a dummy. KID hung at the ceiling and let himself elegantly down onto the carpet, his cape quietly settling behind him.

"Lets see what I got!" he childishly exlaimed and began to go through a choice of various objects obviously pickpocketed out of Hattori's pockets.
"A gun... oh naughty Tantei-han, you don't shoot at my heists~ A pen... wanted me to sign an autogram for you~? Your phone..."
Suddenly he took a sharp gasp and stared at a small figurine inside his hands. At the same time, Heiji realized what that was.
"K-Kudo!!" he squeaked, his hands immediately patting his pocket, but no, Shinichi was gone.
"A small Meitantei doll? How cute~ I never knew you were that much of a fan of him~"
Heiji hesitated before an idea crossed his mind. That was their chance to fool him.
"K-know what? Keep it. It's yours. But I want that other stuff back!"

***

Kaito sighed in relief as he stepped into the shower. All the stress washed away from him, and with a marvellous performance he had stolen another piece of jewelry. After a long day of school and a heist this felt like pure heaven on his skin.
As he entered his room dressed in a mere towel, he was surprised to see the small Shinichi doll not at its place on the desk anymore.
"Where did I put it...?" he quietly muttered and searched through his belongings, only to find it sitting behind his open laptop. It almost looked deep in thought.

Smirking, he quietly closed in and suddenly grabbed his shirt with two fingers, pulling him up. Much to his surprise, he earned a loud yelp of the small Kudo.
"O-OI are you insane-"
He quietened down the moment he saw who had picked him up and Kaito turned just as quiet.
"...KID?" Shinichi asked, curiosity audible in his voice. Kaito kept quiet.
"...I'm probably dreaming. Or that's a prank of Akako," he finally sighed and lifted the tiny highschooler back onto his desk.
"Want a coffee chibi Shin-chan?" he offered, taking on a pair of boxers.
"...yes. Yes, coffee sounds good."
Shinichi refused to look while Kaito got himself dressed and his cheeks flushed a little. Kaito couldn't help but grin.
"Embarassed, Shin-chan~?"
"O-of course not!"

Shinichi was completely sure this highschooler in front of him was KID. By now he sat in front of Kaito on the kitchen table, a tiny cup of coffee in his hands, watching the taller one eating some cereal.
"Say, KID, why did you take me with you?" he finally asked and Kaito raised an eyebrow.
"Tantei-han said I could keep you after I pickpocketed him."
"Hattori you bastard...!"
Shinichi scowled but of course knew what the hotblooded detective had been aiming for. KID's address, name and private life.
"I must disappoint you, KID, but you definitely can't keep me. Because, you know... that's kidnapping?"
Kaito furrowed his eyebrows, his brain desperately trying to convince him to sleep and not sit at 2am with a tiny Shinichi inside his kitchen.
"You're a doll, Meitantei... You're not really alive. You're just a prank of Akako."

Shinichi slowly but surely lost his nerves.
"Listen here you dimwitted thief, I tested an antidote of Haibara and became like this for a temporary time!! I'm not a doll, I just shrunk, and Hattori had lent me a hand for the time being!! And who the heck is Akako?!"
Kaito didn't flinch, he just stared like an idiot at the raging chibi.
"...I swear I'll call Akako to take back your spell if you don't stop!" he finally said and Shinichi banged groaning his head against the cereal bowl next to him.
"I'm done..."

Moments later inside the bedroom, Shinichi stared up at Kaito who stared back.
"...I'm not gonna undress in front of you pervert so you better turn away!"
"Hai hai," Kaito moaned in annoyance and turned away. He slipped underneath his covers and tried to sneak a glance at his Meitantei only in boxers but promptly had a tiny soccer ball kicked with brutal strengh into his face.
"OW! Shin-chan! Bad Shin-chan!!"
"I said don't look you perv!!"
Kaito whined in protest and turned with a pout away, rubbing his aching cheek. Well, he had seen chibi Shinichi only in boxers.

...totally worth it.

Before you all ask, yes, it's not finished yet and there is gonna be a part 2