Texting 2 (Kaishin)

Shinichi honestly felt like a girl, standing in front of his wardrobe with a huge chaos of clothes around him. On his bed, on the ground, especially in front of the tall mirror able to feature his whole body inside his room; and how that hemd had managed to become stuck on the ceiling fan, he had no idea. Since about half an hour the highschool detective tried to find a suitable outfit for his date with Kaitou KID, even going as far as to ask Ran for advice. Considering the magician's taste it had to be fancy... but Shinichi usually wore suits. Absolutely nothing felt fancy enough for a date with the phantom thief 1412. Ran had directed his attention towards the black he had used on the Suzuki yacht, of course during a party. But was this really enough?

A glance onto the clock was all Shinichi needed to break into even more panic; five mere minutes left! Despite all his doubts and concerns he finally put the recommended suit on and adjusted his hair, desperately chewing on his lip.
"What am I even doing here?! I'm tryint to arrest him, not to flirt with him!" the male cried out, exhaustedly falling face first into the bed, only to sit up straight away again and recheck his hair for any misfits inside his hairstyle. Forcing himself to relax, Shinichi left his room and instead headed towards the kitchen, going inside his mind through the plan he had came up with beforehand. He hid a tracker on his body in case Kaitou KID planned to kidnap him and had ordered a police squad towards the restaurant he picked, making sure to order undercover clothes for them to wear.

Shinichi sat on needles, flashing glances over and over again towards the clock. With the ticking of the clock handles, he silently mouthed along just before they hit punctual eight.
"San... Ni... Ichi... Zero."
Right as the last word had left his mouth the doorbell rang. Even tho he had awaited it, it still caused him to jolt in surprise and the detective dashed towards said front door, literally ripping it open to reveal a man with a charming smile and a face creepily similar to his own. Did he wear a mask? KID had brown messy hair, indigo eyes and a quite good body built. Nevertheless, Shinichi had a hard time fighting his upcoming blush.
"Uhm... Hi."

KID answered his rather awkward greeting with a soft chuckle as he reached for his hand, bent over and placed his lips onto the back of it. As expected, Shinichi recognized the oh so familiar white gloves on the phantom's hands. But what surely left him puzzled was the nerve KID had to show up in a white suit. On the other hand... nobody who didn't came in contact with KID would suspect this male in front of him to be him, as nobody would either believe 1412 would be dumb enough to wear a white suit if he wanted to hide himself.
"I'm glad you accepted my invitation, Meitantei. Shall we?"
He gestured towards a black car parking near the entrance and all the detective seemed able to do was nodding in response, snatching the house keys off of the board in the hallway and locking the door as soon as it closed behind him.

"No need to be nervous, Meitantei. Relax~" he whispered, his arm flirtingly sneaking around the detective's waist. Shinichi willingly let it happen but noted with pleasure the unusual quick heartbeat of the magician next to him.
"Speak for yourself, KID. I am going to eat with a wanted criminal, I have all reason to be cautious or nervous."
"And I am going to eat with a detective who could try to capture me, especially with this little tracker of his~"
Said gentleman innocently smiled as he held up a small tracker which had been hidden on the detective's body mere seconds ago. Trying to refrain from thinking about KID's gloved hands smoothly searching his body like snakes, Shinichi sighed instead and watched him crushing the tiny device in front of his eyes.
"Touché."

Kaitou KID seemed little surprised as Shinichi chose a restaurant inside a lively area of public yet complied without any hesitation, searched for a booth and made himself comfortable with his counterpart.
"Say KID..." the detective tried to start a conversation, trying to disteact KID from observing the area and possibly noticing the countless hidden cops among the normal townsfolk around them, "Something kept bugging me. How could you be so stupid to meet up with a detective who hunts you since long? This could be your last day in freedom, Kaitou KID."
The thief looked up from his menu card and mindlessly smirked at the confused teen.
"Let me tell you this at the end of our dinner, Meitantei. I wish to enjoy this small time I am able to spend with one of my best critics."

Confused Shinichi nodded, not able to hide his disappointment. Would KID really reveal any secret to him or just tease him as always? He wasn't sure what to think of the mysterious male in front of him, not even if he wore a disguise or not.