Declaration of Love 2 (Shinkai)

His eyes wide, he stared after the angel in white. Shinichi didn't feel the cold on top of this high roof, he didn't feel the Keibu almost slamming the door into his face as he stormed into the place of action. All he could do was watching... watching his last chance to tell the thief how he felt for him fly away, disappearing alongside the phantom into endless darkness.
It hadn't been long but recently he had noticed his odd behavior. Such exitement before a heist, his heart raced with every last countdown to face the perfect magician, to see his performance and expose his tricks.
He had never understood what drew him towards the arrogant magician, was it interest? Similarities? He couldn't deny in Kaitou KID he had found a person able to keep up with his mind, someone to share his incredible abilities to deduce the hardest mysteries and solve the deadliest cases. But no, it was neither...
He had fallen for the overconfident phantom thief.

His smile was something which could melt his heart, alone a small wink of his was enough to set his body on fire; alone a touch... he really had trouble keeping up a detective smirk once Kaitou KID had laid his hands upon him, a lightning had bolted through his body and a gentle pleasured shiver ran down his spine. He wanted hold him, keep him close, protect and treasure him. He wanted to tell him he loved him... But now it was too late to, he couldn't turn time back. Why on earth had he remained frozen?! He could have told him his feelings... Appearantly KID loved him, regarding the small kiss on his cheek. He still felt his face to burn, an overflowing heat had emitted from Kaitou KID's lips and filled his whole body.
His hands pushing themselves into his pockets he left the building. Shinichi only wanted to go home again. The sudden wave of depression he overcoming him nearly crushed him, he felt this had been the last time he would see the phantom for a very long time.
And he would be right with his assumptions.

Three months later Shinichi sat inside an airplane, ready to take off to Britain. Hakuba had offered him to stay over at his residence which was quite a relief, considering the loss of money he had right now thanks to searching for KID all over Japan. Daily he would travel to all places of Japan, kept himself up to date about latest events occuring and asked at the police and especially annoyed Nakamori-keibu. He could have called it obsession yet liked to refer to it as undying love.
In midair he finally pulled out the card KID had handed to him during his last heist and gently turned it inside his hands like a treasure, rereading these meaningful words which had changed everything.
"I... love... you... Meitantei... My heart is yours forever... KID..."
Shinichi nearly started to cry, he felt the familiar burning eyes and just bit down on his lips, forcing his feelings back. He never thought a confession would make him feel so heartbroken and hollow; he wanted to scream in desperation. And Shinichi was mad. Why did that damned thief leave him before he could give him an answer?! But this time, he wouldn't let him get away. He found out about a heist KID had announced in Britain.
And he was going to meet him.

It had been long since Shinichi entered a roof, he smiled pretty nostalgic upon the starry sky, wishing that Kaitou KID would finally show up. He usually took off on roofs and his deductions had been leading him towards this place. It was only a matter of time.
All of a sudden the door slammed open and a breathless thief rushed out, gently panting and holding up a jewel against the moonlight. The angel in white, phantom of Japan, magician under the moonlight. KID didn't notice Shinichi hidden behind the door which left the detective enough time to observe him closely, to inhale his familiar scent; so close was he. Shinichi only needed to stretch out his hand... but it wouldn't have been enough to stop the thief from any escape; he had learned from the past events.
As soon as he saw him, tears began to form inside the detective's eyes. Fury occupied his heart to see the one he wanted to die for, the one who left him behind all those months without any sign of his. Shinichi couldn't have even known if he had been still alive during this time.
But now he saw him, face to face and Lady Luck on his side.

All of a sudden he roughly kicked from behind into KID's kneecap and pushed him at the same time onto the ground, sitting down on his back to keep said thief prisoner below him. He earned a loud and painful shriek of the magician who struggled as best as he could; yet Shinichi kept his hands pinned on the hard and cold roof and thus he wasn't able to move at all.
"W-who?! Attacking from behind isn't very fair!"
"Speak for yourself, KID."
Kaito immediately froze as he heard this voice, the voice he came to love since years. He startled to tremble, completely frozen in shock and unable to struggle any further.
"M-mei... Meitantei... you..."
He didn't feel less surprised as he heard soft and heartbreaking sobs coming from above him; Shinichi let go of his hands to hide his own face, gently crying as emotions overcame him.

"Y-you... y-you dimwit... How c-could you just leave me..."
Somehow, Kaito managed to turn around onto his back, perhaps Shinichi even permitted him to since he now sat on his belly. Kaito saw something he had never wanted to see, guilt overcame him and he rested his hands upon Shinichi's thighs, gently stroking them to calm him as he wasn't able to sit up like that.
"Shh... Don't cry Meitantei... please don't cry..."
The magician currently felt like the worst person alive to be the reason his love sobbed and kept trying his best to sooth him, mainly as well because as more time they spent here as greater was the chance to be caught by the police.
"D-do you think I want to cry?! You! Y-you left just like that! Y-you... y-you didn't even give me a chance to tell you h-how I feel..."
"How you...?"
"I LOVE YOU! Do you finally get it?! I loved you the whole time! K-KID... D-don't leave me again... please..."

Shinichi moved himself to instead sit on his legs, giving Kaito a chance to raise himself which the thief promptly did. He pulled the sobbing male into a tight hug, feeling him cling onto his shirt.
"Shh... I'm sorry... I'm really sorry... I just couldn't bear the thought of a rejection..."
"Oh you bastard..."
Kaito fell into pure surprise as Shinichi lifted his head and Kaito's chin along, and pulled him into a sweet and loving kiss. Warmth emitted from Shinichi's sweet kiss, a shock bolted through his body before he melted into his lips, his hands wrapping themselves around his back to pull the detective closer. Shinichi's hands found themselves pushing the hat off and tangled themselves into Kaito's messy hair, messing it up even further but the magician never cared less.

This night Kaito received the thing he wished for the most. Love. He claimed Shinichi as his... and this confession probably was the best moment of his life.