Side effects

Haibara finally found an antidote to the poison which had turned both her and Kudo into children: APTX 4869.
Tho... It was of course necessary for her to test it at someone. And this someone would be Shinichi, obviously. Why should she risk herself if she could risk Shinichi? She knew it definitely wouldn't kill him but the side effects... Oh well. He'd find out on his own.

"And this... will really turn me back into Kudo Shinichi?" the chibi detective asked the girl, his eyes beaming with hope and exitement. Haibara shortly nodded and handed him a blue pill, hesitating a short time at the movement.
"...but lay down. Your body will be in pain once it grows back. I can't have you collapse in here, I won't clean your mess up."
The boy rolled his eyes but took the pill. Even tho it was completely untypical for him be pulled Haibara into a short hug.
"Thanks. You really helped me a lot."

Conan ran out of her room into his own one, taking a deep breath as he stared onto the pill. He wasn't sure wether he would miss his life as Conan or not, but he was ready to leave it behind.
Finally, he swallowed the pill and laid down in his bed. For a few minutes nothing happened but all of sudden a wave of pain rushed through his body. The boy began to squirm and scream, feeling himself growing numb. Tears began to run down his cheeks, leaving a burning sensation on his skin and finally, the child passed out.

Once he came to his senses, he felt different. Taller, to be honest. Remembering what happend the male swung himself out of his bed, nearly collapsing at the numb feeling in his legs and shambling hastily to the closest mirror. But what he saw shocked him more than words could express.
"I'M A CAT?!"
And really, cat ears were visible above his brown hair and a smooth tail swayed calmly behind his back. Even his eyes showed the familiar thin pupil. Well, he was Kudo Shinichi now. But that wasn't how he imagined it.
After the first moments of shock passed, fury dwelled up inside him. He began to tremble as he turned around and took a deep breath.
"HAIBARA AI!!!"

The next moment he was in her lab, he already started to rant.
"Haibara how on earth did I become a cat?! Cure this immediately! What will Hattori say if he sees me like that...?! And Hakuba?! And the worst of all, KID?!"
Shinichi shruddered as he imagined KID luring him with any kind of cat toys away from all possible gems. He was a cat, he would fail for it without any doubt. Nobody would take him serious anymore!
Haibara tho didn't look like she would care a lot. Giggling to herself she remained on her chair and kept staring at the desperate detective, trying to suppress her upcoming laughflash.
Of course, a cure was nowhere in sight.

At a new heist of Kaito KID Shinichi kept avoiding successfully other policemen and fans, keeping his ears and tail a secret from everyone. Shinichi hated running around with a hood, it ruined his hair and affected his eyesight since he couldn't turn his head how he wished it. Horror grew on his face as he searched around to get a hold of KID's plan, knowing if he wouldn't find out he would surely find himself trapped inside one of his stupid pranks. And most likely his secret would be found out.
He didn't know why yet the magician seemed to know he and Conan were the same person. After him retransforming into his original body he prompty received an invitation letter of the fool below the moonlight.

As his thoughts kept spinning he finally faced the last countdown to KID's arrival, supported by violent cheers of his fans outside.
"Three!"
"Two!"
"One!"
With a loud poof the magician stepped out of a cloud made of pink smoke, revealing himself to his exited audience.
"Ladies and Gentlemen-"
Shinichi ignored the rest of his pompous talk and stepped right up to follow the magician. As they reached the end of the hallway both were inside a smirk grew on the detective's face.
"Give up KID. Today I will expose your identity for public."
"How amusing, I wanted to say the same to you."
Shinichi froze in confusion but a sharp blow of wind crushed against his hood, hitting it off of his head and revaling his lovely feline ears. The poor detective nearly choked as he fiddled with his clothing to cover up his embarassing secret, resulting Kaito KID to burst into laughter.
"So adorable you are today, detective. May I pet you~? Cats love me~"
"Would you shut your dimwitted mouth?!"
Neither listening to him nor taking him serious at all Kaito really took his effort to pet him and distract him with various cat toys he pulled out such as a ball filled with catnip or feathers to hunt. As soon as Shinichi realized how good he was falling for these foolish tricks he finally did what he planned all day along...
He greeted the magician with a flying kick, sending him against the next wall. Groaning in agony the male whined at his foe.
"Tantei-kun, be a little softer with me! I just want to play with my favorite critique, there isn't anything bad to it is there~?"

Oh how much Shinichi would have loved to make use of his shoe right away again. But of course, KID disappeared again before he had any chance to secure him.
Blushing lightly he felt up his ears, twitching them lightly. He still was able to feel his touch, his gloves on his head and ears.
"...damn you KID that means revenge...!"