Sensei to Love

Finally he had regained his body, Shinichi had never loved his life so much until now. Entering college, finding himself with almost exactly the same classes as Hakuba Saguru, a fellow colleague in his detective business. Finally he was able to talk face to face with the halfbrit, without his mask of an innocent child. Hakuba would treat him as equal in mind, and he even found out about likes they shared!

Shinichi immediately sat down next to Hakuba, winking at him which earned a surprised raise of an eyebrow.
"Kuroba?"
"Ku... N-no, I'm Kudo. Kudo Shinichi. Nice to meet you, I've heard a lot about you. You and Mouri-san really made for a good replacement while I was... absent."
Realization spread across Hakuba's face and he smiled, shaking Kudo's hand with admiration.
"Ah, Kudo-san. Sorry, but... your outlooks are almost equal to this old classmate of mine, Kuroba Kaito. Only... Ah, his hair is messier and his eyes a darker blue. Almost... indigo. W-well, it's nice to meet you."

The bell interrupted their chatter and all students took a seat, the teacher heading in only a few minutes later with a young man at her heel. Kudo couldn't help it, this man looked so familiar it was almost creepy.
"Today's topic in criminal psychology is deciphering manipulation, with a main focus lasting on our example of Kaitou KID. For this purpose I invited a student from a nearby partner college specialized onto stage performances, he will teach you to look into a criminal's mind for the mean time."
The young man bowed towards his audience and smirked. His voice was soft... Mysterious, luring, captivating to say at least. A true man of stage.
"Kuroba Kaito, magician extraordinare. A pleasure to entertain you~"

Shinichi noticed from the corner of his right eye that Hakuba had turned a few shades paler and his jaw had dropped. This look of utter horror plastered upon his face was too hilarious to be true, and Shinichi filed that expression in his memories.
"Kuroba-san will perform for you during the next few days and you do your best to figure out his next move. This will be a good practise to catch various criminals, to be a step ahead of them at whatever they have planned."
"I-I'm not going to call you sensei Kuroba!!" Hakuba blurted out, silencing the teacher and the baffled male who immediately set up a wide cheshire grin.
"What a pity Hakubastard, I'm in charge of you now and can add that to the list of misbehavior~ Which I will hand in afterwards to the principal, of course."
With amusement Shinichi watched Hakuba turn a marvellous scarlet and shrink on his seat, muttering quiet curses in English at the new sensei. Unfortunately, Kuroba-sensei seemed to understand English and breathed out an exaggerated sigh, before he snapped his fingers and with a loud poof a cloud shielded Hakuba from his classmate's view.

Once he reappeared, the uniform was gone. Hakuba in boxers, with green hair and a clownsnose. And Kuroba still standing on the same spot.
The whole class bursted into laughter and Hakuba felt his face about to melt off. Shinichi couldn't help it, he laughed too and that in a way which immediately gained Kuroba's attention. Somehow... it felt familiar. The glare of eyes piercing through his soul, examining every single part of his body, the mused expression the brown haired boy made...
Shinichi just couldn't pinpoint why.

Well, the rest of the class was Hakuba chasing around a laughing Kuroba in underwear, various smoke clouds redressing and undressing him in various costumes.

The bell chimed, and Shinichi hurried to fetch his books until he left the classroom. The bouncy magician surely made for a good trouble, now that he had other things to do than focusing onto pure detective work he could also spend his time observing the trickster.
He remembered only one male who was able to prank the living hell out of Hakuba like that. Kaitou KID. But...
Shinichi made a full stop and his face paled. No, that wasn't possible. Hakuba said it was a former classmate of his. Not Kaitou KID. Perhaps he was just really really good. The student relaxed again and shook his head, heading to his next class.

The next few days proved themselves to be the most fascinating ones ever. Not only Hakuba, but he himself fell victim to the magician's pranks and magic, one day he levitated above the ground, another day he disguised the whole class as his doublegangers, then coloured all tongues of the others a new colour... Shinichi had that figured out, it was the bento's fault. But how Kuroba had managed to get a hold of his lunch still remained unsolved.
Explosions, doves, embarassing outfits and other horrible torture accompanied him the whole time, whereever the magician had decided to show up. But his last day was special.

After the usual chaos Kuroba had told him stay behind for a small talk. Nervous about what he had done to upset the magician. The class was empty a few minutes later and Hakuba muttered a small 'Good luck' to him before he disappeared out of the door. Kuroba looked serious, so unlike his cheery personality.
"Kudo-san?"
"Kuroba-sensei?"
The magician breathed out a sigh which seemed to be fake, considering the razor smirk on his lips.

"You do surprise me."
Shinichi hesitated, not sure where this talk would lead him to, and tried to look casual.
"How so?"
"That you still didn't recognize me after all my efforts. Truly a shame, Meitantei."
"I'm sorry, I-" the student silenced instantly, the nickname rung all possible alarm bells inside his head. No way. No. He tried to say something but no voice came out, he just stood there gaping like a fish.
"You're so dense. And cute," the Phantom Thief chuckled and reached forward to press a gentle kiss to his lips, whispering "It's a shame to love a student, but I just can't help it..." at him. Once more, his breath ghosted over his own lips, Kudo couldn't think. His senses started to swim.
And then, within a second, Kaitou KID was gone. His real persona had kissed him, the Kaitou had given up his secret identity for him. Kuroba Kaito... on his way back to his own college now, left him alone in this stupid classroom.

And he had nothing better to do than falling in love with his sensei-in-charge.