Lose it?

Elliot ran through the doors of the hospital, not caring how insane he looked at the moment. He had just gotten a call that his fiancé and his unborn baby were in danger.

"El" Fin called having seen the former detective run in.

"How are they?"

"They haven't told us anything since we are not family. Last time I saw her she was begging me to save the baby."

He turned around and ran up to the glass, pounding as hard he could

"Can I help you, sir?" the confused women asked

"Olivia Benson, what room is she in?"

"I'm sorry sir are you related?"

"I'm her fiancé and father of the baby she is carrying."

"Have a seat and the doctor will be out to talk to you."

"Take a seat really??" He yelled.

"Come on man, let's go sit down" Fin ushered. Guiding Elliot back to a seat.

"What happened?"

"Hostage situation would only talk to Liv. She didn't want to go in but we all talked her into it. None of us knew she was pregnant."

"A squad room full of detectives and no one noticed she was pregnant? You guys aren't very good detectives, are you?"

Fin laughed. "In my defense, she's been wearing her jackets around us or sitting behind a desk. El man, please don't be mad at her. She didn't want to go in there. She never wanted to put your guy's child in danger."

Elliot sighed. "I know she didn't, she loves that baby. It's our miracle."

"Speaking of, don't you have two more little ones?"

"Amanda is watching them at the station. Told her I could just bring them here but she wouldn't hear of it."

"That's Amanda, stubborn as always."

Elliot sat there, head in his hands. As much as he wanted to be mad at her for putting their baby at risk. He knew she didn't want too.

"Family of Olivia Benson" a doctor called out and Elliot shot up, almost sprinting.

"How is she?"

"A little shaken up and she has some bruising around her torso, we managed to stop the bleeding and she for now is resting comfortably."

"What about the baby?"

"We wanted to wait to check on the baby until you were with her, room 218."

Elliot took off, muttering the room numbers out loud until he reached hers. He quickly prepared himself as she opened the door. She looked so small in the bed, laying there facing out the window and he could see the tears streaming down her cheek as she softly sniffled.

"Hey Liv," he stroked her cheek.

"El, I'm so sorry. I'm so fucking sorry. I probably killed our baby. They won't tell me anything Elliot. Oh god."

"Breath honey, we don't know anything for sure. They wanted to wait to check on the baby until I was here with you."

"I'm scared el,"

He gently kissed her to get her to shut up. He didn't want her thinking like that.

"All right miss Benson, why don't we check on that baby" dr Allen smiled as she pulled the curtain around. Pulling her gown up, Olivia felt as the doctor placed the gel on her and she instantly got nervous. Elliot took her hand into his and watched as her expression appeared blank.

Both their head snapped to the monitor as the sound of a heartbeat filled the room. Olivia broke down, tears streaming down her cheeks but this time out of relief.

"Everything looks all right Olivia, very strong heartbeat."

"Thank god" she whispered

"I do want to do a pelvic examination just to check but so far everything looks all right."

"I was so scared, he punched me right in the stomach."

"I think she's just as tough as her momma" Elliot said.

"Olivia, I got a pretty good view if you guys want to know the gender."

"Isn't it too early?"

"Most of the time, yes but a lot of people don't realize that we can tell earlier these days."

"Do you wanna know honey?" Elliot asked her.

"After today, yeah I wanna know" she smiled.

"Ok, we would like to know."

"How many kids do you have?"

"4 girls and 3 boys, one not living," Elliot answered.

"Well, it looks like the boys are going to be outnumbered." The doctor smiled. "You're having a girl and am about 75% sure."

Olivia smiled, not sure what to say. "She was having a girl, her sweet little girl."

"Congrats you guys, let's get this exam over with shall we?"

Olivia nodded, assuming the position for the doctor to examine her.

"A girl, we're having a girl el" she whispered.

"I know honey, she's going to be as beautiful as her mother."

"And she's ok, that's all that matters."

After a few minutes, the doctor came back from the south end and snapped her gloves off as she took a seat back at the monitor.

"Olivia, it looks like you have what we call a threatened miscarriage. Which basically means that your body can still miscarry and it is very likely you will. More than likely the punch you took to the stomach set this off."

"Is there anything I can do? I can't lose her"

"Yes, there are some things but it is still not a guarantee. For starters, I would like to put you on strict bedrest for at least two weeks and then we will reevaluate. If things still seem threatening, you might be on bed rest for the remainder of your pregnancy. It is also important to try and remain stress-free and avoid lifting heavy objects. Let this guy pamper you." She winked

"Oh god, good luck with that doc" Elliot laughed.

The doctor laughed, "well, do what you can for her. I know she can be stubborn. Now there are other things we need to discuss but we will save that for another day. I am also going to keep you here for a couple days for observation."

"Oh come on" Olivia groaned making both people in the room laugh. "Fine, the only reason I'm staying here is for our girl."

"Good reason Olivia, ill back to check on you later" the doctor smiled as she walked out.

"How are you feeling babe?"

"Better, relieved that our little one is all right. I just kept fearing the worse and what a shit mother I was."

"No, Olivia, you're a great mother. Fin told me you didn't want to go in there."

"I know but I still did. I put our baby in that position. I should have just told them."

"Its ok honey, none of that matters right now. All that matters is that our baby is growing in there." He placed his lips against hers. "Are you up for some visitors. I'm sure everyone is wanting to know how you guys are doing."

"Yeah, that's fine." He gave her another quick kiss before heading out to the waiting room to let everyone know all was right in the world....for now.