Somethings wrong

At 37 weeks Olivia was huge and exhausted. She settled in her chair in her office, telling herself she was not moving unless the building was on fire or she was getting shot at. Her back was killing her and her head felt like it had rocks in it.

"Just a few more weeks" she muttered. As much as she loved her daughter to death, this pregnancy had taken a huge toll on her and there still was so much that could go wrong. She leaned back in her chair, placing her hands on each side of her stomach, feeling her little girl moved around.

"Hey little one," she whispered. "Just a few more weeks huh? Then you get to see this crazy world and meet your brother and sister. Momma can't wait to see you, I love you Mackayla."

As the day went on, the worse she felt. Sitting for more than 10 minutes was impossible but every time she did stand up, a wave of dizziness would hit her and she would grab onto her desk for support. She couldn’t help but feel that something was wrong, but she had felt like crap for her entire pregnancy.

Slowly she got up, heading out of her office for a drink and yet another potty break. She returned to the squad room, rubbing her back to relieve some of the pain.

"Liv, are you ok?" Amanda asked seeing her Sargent wince.

"Yeah, it just hurts to do anything these days."

Amanda had a bad feeling as she watched her Sargent enter her office once again but shrugged it off. A few hours later she needed to update Olivia on a case, as she entered office she saw Olivia looking as pale as ever, dry heaving into a garbage can.

"Are you sure your ok?" 

"Yeah, Amanda you know this whole pregnancy has been rough. This isn’t new."

"Ok, I have some things to go over with you about the Kettler case."

"Alright just give me a minute." Olivia started to get up to get a paper towel from the bathroom but quickly stopped when she felt like she had peed herself. She looked down, a large wet spot was growing larger on her maternity jeans, pooling down to the floor.

"I think your water just broke" Amanda observed.

"Great job detective, what was your first clue?" Olivia replied scared shitless.

"Come on, ill drive you to the hospital."

After entering the car, Olivia pulled her phone out of her pocket calling Elliot. She was afraid when after the 5th ring he still had not picked up. But when she heard his husky voice, it sent a calming wave over her.

"Liv?"

"Yeah, El it's me," she took a deep breath before the next words left her mouth. "It's time El."

"Time for what?" He asked clearly confused. Olivia rolled her eyes.

"The baby's coming."

"What now???"

"Yeah, Amanda is driving me to the hospital."

"Ok baby, ill is there. You hang in there alright?"

"I'll try, I love you."

"Love you too sweetheart."

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Liv, I'm here" an out of breathing Elliot said as he took a seat next to his wife, clutching her hand in his.

"El, the baby's coming," Olivia whispered stating the obvious.

"I know honey, just let her come." He ran his fingers through her damp hair in a soothing motion, trying to keep her as calm as he could. He felt her tense up as another contraction ripped through her, making her moan and whimper. "Just breathe, you're doing great."