Family Matters

Walking through the doors of their New York home, Olivia sighed as she pressed her lips to Mackayla's forehead as the baby slept in her arms. It was like a huge weight was lifted off her shoulders finally being home and Elliot felt the same.

"Welcome home sweet girl." She softly whispered a smile played on her face.

"She's beautiful" Elliot whispered, wrapping his arm around Olivia as they both looked at their daughter.

"Yeah, she is." she paused and looked around, noticing that it was a little too quiet. "Where are the other kids?"

"Alex is keeping them till later today. We thought it would give you girls some time to get settled and not get too overwhelmed right away." Olivia shook her head as a small cry came from Mackayla as she nuzzled around for Olivia's breast.

"I'm going to go nurse her.' she whispered. She walked into their room, taking a seat in the old oak rocking chair as Mackayla's movements became more frantic as she cried. "I know honey, calm down," Olivia whispered as she reached behind her, unclasping her bra. "There, were good now right?"

She stared at her baby girl, watching as she blinked her eyes. Olivia couldn't believe this was her life. She missed her other kids but was glad that she had some alone time with one of her girls The baby fussed, pulling away from Olivia for a moment.

"What's up." Olivia giggled. She traced her finger over Mackayla's tiny hand. "Your beautiful sweetheart. I think you look like daddy."

Mackayla pulled away again a few minutes later, yawning as she snuggled closer into Olivia. She readjusted the baby, pulling a small fleece blanket over the both of them. a little while later Elliot decided to check on the girls. He walked into their room, stopping in the doorway as a smile appeared on his lips watching Olivia as both the girls were asleep, Makayla curled up, snuggled against her chest.

"Ok sweetheart, let's let your momma get some sleep," Elliot whispered picking Makayla up. Carefully he laid her in the bassinet and then scooped Olivia up, placing her in their bed. She stirred and mumbled something that was incoherent before drifting back off.

He walked back downstairs, curling up on the couch with Mackayla. He had brought her downstairs to let Olivia sleep before their daughter needed to eat. Pulling the blanket down, he covered them both.

Mackayla squirmed around, trying to get comfortable as Elliot readjusted her. "There you go baby girl, nice and comfy huh? I love you so much. it might be chaotic around here for a while but we will get a routine down. you will always be protected sweetheart. I know your momma will fight to the death to protect any of your kids and so will I."

Makayla struggled on his chest, fussing a bit. Elliot, ran his fingers over her hair, gently shushing her. "its ok" he breathed. "you're ok."

-------------------

"Mommy!" Emma yelled running into the house. She ran straight to Olivia who was sitting on the couch with Mackayla.

"Hey, girly! wheres your brother?"

"Alex got him! She coming. Is sissy here?" Olivia laughed

"Yeah, she's asleep. Come sit up here and you can see her." Once Emma got settled, Olivia pulled the blanket back a little so Emma could see her sister.

"Sissy!" Emma squealed.

"Yeah, baby girl." Alex walked into the house holding Jasper "Hey buddy, come see your sister." Olivia said. Jasper stayed back, not wanting to get near the baby.

Olivia slowly got up and placed Mackayla in her swing, turning it on the lowest setting. She settled back on the couch watching as Jasper went over, still keeping a safe distance but inspecting.

"I have a feeling there is going to be jealousy with Jasper," Elliot observed.

"Yeah, just go slowly, he will eventually warm up to her" Alex chimed in.

"Yeah, it's gonna be hard with me breastfeeding." Jasper ran back over to Olivia. Struggling to get up onto the sofa.

"Momma!" Jasper cried.

"El, can you help him?" Olivia asked. Elliot placed Jasper onto the couch watching as he snuggled into Olivia.

Olivia wanted to explain this to Jasper. But explaining it a child his age, he would never understand that she would need to spend a lot of time with Makayla.

"What do you think buddy?" Olivia asked him rhetorically.

"Do you want to want to watch a movie?" Elliot asked her.

"Yeah, hand me Mackayla please before I get too comfortable." She lightly giggled. Elliot retrieved the baby gently settling her on Olivia's chest, watching as Jasper tensed up but didn't move.

"My little family," he whispered. Olivia shot him a small smile as she was thinking the same thing.

"Momma, can I hold sissy?" Emma asked in her sweet little voice.

"Yeah, sit right here and scoot back." Elliot surrounded Emma with pillows making Olivia chuckle. "Ok honey, you just have to support her head all right? ill help you." slowly she lowered the baby, readjusting her and the pillow that had been placed under Emma's arm.

"Mommy I'm doing it!" Emma squealed.

"Yeah, you are," Olivia smiled. she sat back down on the couch keeping one hand right by Mackayla just in case. she looked up Elliot gently smiling. "I love you" she mouthed

"I love you too" he mouthed back.