The Dress

Hey guys! Head over and check out my friend DeannaJersey stories! She's a new writer and could use some love! :) good luck Deanna with your journey in writing and welcome to the dark side! In honor of our beautiful Mariska Hargitay winning tonight's people's choice award, here is another chapter!
-------------------------------------------------------------

Olivia sat there, rocking Jasper in her arms. Enjoying the peace and quiet of the hospital room, apart from the occasional beeps from the monitors. It had been 3 days since Jasper had woken up, and one day since he had gotten the vent out and she finally could hold him.

The doctors wanted to keep him for a few more days, just to make sure everything was truly alright.

The sun was just starting to come over the horizon and Olivia knew her alarm for work would be going off soon. She hated this time of the day where she would have to leave Jasper. She hated being away from him for any purpose, but she knew Elliot would be coming to stay with him and that in itself gave her some comfort.

"Hey buddy, we gotta start the day soon. Huh? I could just stay here and rock you all day. But mommas gotta go to work." She gave him a kiss and gently laid him back in bed, handing him a few toys to play with while she freshened up.

"Hey, where's momma?" Elliot asked him as he entered the room a little while later.

"In the bathroom" Olivia replied, applying the last bit of eyeliner. She walked out of the bathroom, snuggling into Elliot's embrace.

"Well hello to you too" he chuckled.

"I missed you!"

"I missed you too baby."

"Where's Emma?"

"Kathleen begged me to watch her, claiming she doesn't get much Emma time these days." Elliot chuckled as well did Olivia.

"Neither do I" she sighed. "I miss my girl."

"She misses you too, but she understands."

"Well, I need to get going. I love you guys." She said before gently kissing him.

"We love you too."

"And I'll see you later ok buddy? Momma loves you." Olivia cooed.

She headed to the precinct, pouring herself a cup of coffee before heading to her office. The peacefulness of the squad room before everyone would ascend felt nice to her.

The workday went by fast and by the end of it, she was more than ready to return to the hospital. She was all set and grabbing her bag when her office door busted open.

"Ok, Olivia, you are coming with us!" Alex exclaimed.

"For what?"

"Dress shopping" Casey said in a sing voice while clapping her hands.

"Guys, really?"

"Come on, Elliot knows we are kidnapping you. So no excuses."

Olivia didn't remember agreeing to this, but for some reason she found herself in a dress shop, trying on multiple dresses. They were all either, too tight, too big or showed way too much cleavage.

She searched through a catalog before scanning the racks, trying to find one she liked. She was, after all, marrying Elliot Stabler. She needed this to be perfect.

"We need to find you the perfect dress" Alex exclaimed.

"Yeah, if you haven't noticed, I do have a ton of extra weight so this might be difficult and I'm only going to grow more before the wedding."

"Yes, but we can get dresses altered" Casey replied.

"Here try this one," Alex said handing her a dress.

"Um Alex, just how in God's name am I suppose to fit into this? Maybe 6 months ago!"

"Oh right! I keep forgetting."

Olivia rolled her eyes, taking a seat on the ottoman. She was exhausted and hungry, but she knew she needed to get this done.

"Are you ok liv?" Casey asked.

"Yeah, just kind of hungry."

"Let's go get something to eat and we can discuss the dresses." Everyone agreed and soon they were sitting in a little bistro across the street, discussing their favorite dresses.

"The hardest part is, I'm not going to fit in most of them." Olivia said.

"They can adjust to your ever-changing body."

She laughed. Of course, they could. Truth was, she just had not found that dress yet. The dress that made her know it was the one and after all, she would only be getting married once.

They returned to the dress store, looking through another rack of dresses when she spotted it. Her breathe caught, running her fingers over the silk.

"This is it" she whispered. She turned around, smiling at the ladies. "I wanna try this on." It barely fit, but they could get it a bigger size, much to Olivia relief.

"You look, just wow." Alex exclaimed seeing Olivia in the dress.

"Wow, Elliot might faint." Casey teased.

"I can't believe this is actually happening" Olivia cried.

"Oh believe it, honey, you are marrying the man of your dreams and raising a perfect little family together. I knew this would happen one way or another." Alex said, wiping a tear from her eye.

"I've only prayed about these moments, marrying Elliot, carrying his baby and now it's coming true."

"You guys were meant to be together, no matter what. You deserve happiness, honey."

"Ok," Casey interrupted. "Let's talk to the lady and then call it a night. Get you back to your family."

Olivia nodded her head, praying this was real and it wasn't too good to be true.