Kicks

She splayed her hand over her belly, feeling the feather-like kicks of her baby girl. They had started just last night but it still caught her off.

"You kicking momma sweet girl? I feel you, baby, I feel you." She murmured.

Finally, her 2 weeks of bed rest were over and everything looked good according to her doctor. Today she was going back to work, promising Elliot she wouldn't leave her office unless it was to use the restroom. They had gotten in a couple fights over it, but Olivia couldn't just stay at home and do nothing all day. That wasn't in her nature.

She threw on some clothes and bushed through her hair, flipping it up into a ponytail before heading down to the kitchen.

"Momma!" Emma greeted making Olivia smile.

"Hey sweetie, did you sleep well?"

"Yeah!"

"That's good," she headed over to the cupboard to grab a plate.

"Are you sure your ready?" Elliot questioned her once again. She had heard the same question at least 20 times since they went to bed last night.

"Yes, Elliot, we will be fine and it's not like anyone would let anything happen to us again anyway."

"I just worry."

"I know El, I'm worried too. The doctor said everything is all right but still I can't help but feel like something will go wrong. I love our girl El and I can't just sit around waiting for something bad to happen, I just can't."

He took her into his arms, he knew she was worried and that's when she would get defensive and dive into her work the most. "I know babe, I know. You have a good day all right. I love you."

"I love you too," she sighed and grabbed her purse. "Come on Emma, let's go, hun."

                                                                     -----------------------

Sitting at her desk, she was waiting for the temporary detective that would take Rollins spot on the squad for the next few months. After her difficult last pregnancy, Amanda had agreed to take her maternity leave early and Olivia would normally do her work but she wasn't allowing herself back out on the field until this baby was here safe and sound.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for Sargent Benson."

"Hi, you must be detective Milano, welcome."

"Whos the cutie?"

"Oh, this is my daughter Emma, you will also be seeing my boy, Jasper."

"Well, I'm excited to be joining you guys. Even If its temporary."

"Yes just until Amanda comes back, you will be partnered with Finn. He will show you the ropes and my office is always open if you have any questions." She got up from her desk and walked with the new detective out into the squad room.

"Finn! Here is your temp partner. Don't scare him off" she chuckled.

"Got it baby girl."

She headed back to her office and took a seat, gently rubbing her bump. Her phone rang bringing her out of her thought. Seeing Elliot's name made her heart drop, he never called her at work.

"Hello?"

"Liv, you need to get to mercy general."

"Why what's going on?" She asked. Tears prickling her eyes.

"Something is wrong with Jasper."

"What do you mean El?"

"I'll explain when you get here, I'm in the waiting room."

She hung up and put her head in her hands. First day back to work and already she was having to leave. "Emma baby, we gotta go."

"Where momma?"

"Hospital, daddy's going to be there." Olivia picked her up and walked out of her office. She looked calm but on the inside, she was freaking out. "Finn, Elliot called something is wrong with Jasper. You're in charge."

"All right liv, I hope he's ok."

"Yeah me too." she didn't really remember the drive to the hospital or the fact she almost forgot Emma in the car in her state of panic. She ran through the emergency room doors, clutching onto Emma as her eyes scanned for Elliot.

"Liv," he called, she ran over and sat Emma down on one of the seats. "What happened? He was fine when I left this morning."

"I don't know Liv, he slept for his nap longer than usual so I went to check on him. He wouldn't respond to my touch and then he started having what I believe to be a seizure."

"He's never had one before" she whispered

"I know, I called 911 and they brought him here. I was told to stay here."

"El, what if---"

"Don't even say it, Olivia, he's going to be fine honey." He pulled her close, feeling her tears soak through his shirt.

"God, I hope so El, I hope so."