December

"So even after he told you all of that he's still going to stay with El?" Max furrowed her eyebrows as she sat across from Will in a local cafe Will liked to go at on the weekends.

Will told Max everything that Mike had said the last time he went over to his house. Max couldn't wrap her head around the fact that Mike was still dating El after not even knowing if his feeling for her are real or not.

"I don't want El's feeling to be hurt but I think he should break up with her". Max sighed taking a long sip from her cup of hot coco.

"I wish I hadn't ran out on him the day we kissed". Will has been regretting that for the longest. He thought how things would have been different if he stayed, Mike would be dating him right now not El, and none of this would be a problem.

"I think I should say something to El before her heart gets completely broken without even a warning". Max said.

"No you can't! Mike told me-

Will immediately stopped talking as he watched the cafe doors swing open and a gust of wind blow through his hair from the outside, revealing both Mike and Eleven with interlocked hands and a wide smile spread across Mikes face.

Will could feel his heart shattering like glass and the disappointment was clear across his face.

"Will what's wrong?". Max laid a gentle hand on top of Will's as she stared at the look set on his face which brought his sadden eyes to hers.

"B-Behind you....it's them". Will softly spoke looking down at the table.

Max turned around and saw the happy couple then turned back to Will with an apologetic look. "Maybe we should go to my house..." Max sighed and started to pack her things.

Will agreed and left the cafe with Max.

••••
Monday morning...

"Um El....can I talk to you". Max and El were both in their locker rooms at gym getting changed for volleyball.

"Yeah what's up". El finished tying her sneaker laces then turned to Max.

She sighed deeply then quickly blurted out what she needed to say."You shouldn't be dating Mike". El barely understood what she said, but it was clear enough.

"Wait what...? What do you mean I shouldn't be dating him?" El swallowed the growing lump in her throat.

"I um...I was talking to Will and Mike told him-
Max decided that it probably wasn't a good idea to tell El everything Will had told her in fear of starting conflict.

"What did Mike say Max?" Eleven urged her to continue.

"I don't think Mike is s-straight". Max whispered the last part.

"Oh.....but then why is he dating me then I don't understand". She frowned starting to bite on her finger nails.

"Just try talking to him about it, I'm only telling you this because I don't want to see you get hurt, you are my best friend after all". Max smiled and nudged Els side making her giggle a little.

"Okay I'll talk to him. Thanks for the heads up". She gave Max a warm hug before standing up from the locker room benches and leaving to the gym.

••••
After school Will was sat alone on the bleachers playing with some of the icy snow on the cold concrete. All he could think about was Mike and how he missed their walks to and from school, and how sometimes Mike would hold his hand whenever he forgot to bring gloves to keep his cold hands warm.....he even purposely forgot his gloves at home at times.

As Will looked down the bleachers from where he was sitting he noticed Mike walking by. "Mike!!! Hey wait up." Will came jogging down the bleachers until he was face to face with the boy.

"Do you mind if I join you?" Will smiled noticing Eleven wasn't with him.

"I wouldn't mind at all, it looks like El bailed on me for whatever reason. I was suppose to walk with her today but I guess not." Mike sighed.

Will only nodded not really knowing what to say, he stared down at his feet as they walked focused on trying to match his footsteps with Mikes so they were in sync....something Will also missed when they walked together

Mike glanced over at Will furrowing his eyebrows at his hands. "You forgot your gloves again didn't you." Mike chuckled.

"I think my hands are frosted stiff." Will laughed along.

"El would scold me for doing this but she doesn't need to know." Mike grinned and grabbed Will's small hand, interlocking their fingers together. Will felt better and warmer right away. Mikes thumb grazed softly against Will's hand causing Will to comfortably grip onto his soft hand a bit tighter.

"I missed this." Mike softly spoke.

"Me too Mike me too".

~

I'm so sorry I took so long to update the next chapter, I have so much to do for school it's been super hectic but I'll try harder I promise!! 💜

(Side note if there's any mistakes or errors it's because I didn't proof read it which I'll definitely do tomorrow :) )

Update: I fixed the mistakes hehe