January

"I might have to go soon." Will sighed looking up at Mike while trying to block the setting sun behind them, by using his hand as a shield above his eyes.

"Aww, why so soon?"

"Jonathan's coming home to visit from college, my mom wants us to do some stupid brotherly bonding." Will spoke in a nauseating manner.

Both boys were situated comfortably on the very top of the bleachers outside where no one could see them, Will's head in Mikes lap. They were there for some time after school, talking about pretty much everything there is to talk about.

The taller boy sighed and stroked Will's brown locks. "Can I walk you home? I don't think it's a good idea to walk alone, the suns setting quickly."

"Thanks Mike". Will sat up and put his knitted hat back on moving rather fast.

The two boys stood up and began stepping down the concrete bleachers getting to the bottom in no time.

"Mike I forgot my-

"Gloves? I know" Mike finished his sentence and grabbed Will's hand interlacing their fingers shoving his hand into his pocket for extra warmth.

Will only blushed and bit back a smile."You know me so well."

"You are indeed my best friend". Mike squeezed his hand a little causing an eruption of butterflies in Will's stomach.

••••

"Why does he have to sleep in my room." Will groaned collecting his blankets and pillows from off his bed.

"It'll only be for a few days hun." Joyce ruffled the boys hair. "I would allow him to sleep in his old bedroom but that's used as a storage room now."

He shook her hand off of his head and pushed passed her to get down the stairs.

As he was setting up his pillows and blankets on the couch the door bell rang.

Will stopped what he was doing, dropping everything onto the floor then swung the door open.

"Guess who's homeee." Jonathan smiled and pulled his kid brother in for a hug which Will happily accepted.

Will and Jonathan fought like typical brothers do, but they also had their moments when they did get along.

They both pulled away from the hug."Mom is making me give up my room for you so you better thank me."

"Then you better catch me first!" With that Jonathan took off up the stairs Will following behind nothing but giggles and laughter leaving his lips.

"What is going on here?" Joyce furrowed her brows watching the two chase each other in circles around her until Will pushed right into Joyce making her drop all the laundry on the floor a few shirts and things tumbling down the steps.

"S-Sorry mom I started it." Jonathan's face reddened.

"Clean this stuff up and we'll talk at dinner." Joyce chuckled and shook her head.

Will sighed and grabbed the laundry basket tossing all the clean clothes inside before setting it down on the table.

"Hey Will? Wanna listen to some music like we use to." Jonathan smiled with a convincing look on his face dangling a record at his finger tips that looked all too familiar to Will. The boy needed no convincing to say yes to that.

Will joined Jonathan on the edge of his bed watching as he put the record in, and the song immediately had Will bopping his head to the beat.

"Remember this." Jonathan chuckled dancing along with Will to 'should I stay or should I go by the clash'.

"How could I forget this is my favorite."

The song played through for the next 2 minuets, and then again and again. The two brothers always listened to it at least 3 or 4 times being that it is their favorite song.

"We haven't talked in awhile, anything new happening." Will thought hard about how he should respond. He only shrugged but what he really wanted to talk about was Mike and how he's been feeling for the past month.

"Come on there has to be something". Jonathan nudged him. "How's school?"

"It's actually great, I'm not struggling in any classes or anything. There is something I wanna talk about though....well someone."

"Okay, lay it on me."

"I think there's something....I don't know, wrong with me?"

"Can you be a little more specific?" Jonathan furrowed his brows trying to understand what Will was trying to say.

Will pondered for a moment then spoke up. "Remember Mike?"

"You mean your best friend of 10 years, of course not!" Jonathan snickered in sarcasm. Though Will wasn't laughing, he took this as a serious conversation no laughing needed. Jonathan cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Anyways....lately I've been seeing him, in a different way. I start to get a floaty feeling in my stomach my face gets heated." Will was currently blushing as he was explaining.

Jonathan was listening closely to everything his brother had to say and he already knew where this conversation was leading to.

"I-I think I might be gay.." Will swallowed the lump in his throat.

"I know, I always knew. I love you no matter what, gay straight anything " Jonathan smiled.

Will didn't hesitate to hug his brother tightly letting a small tear roll down his cheeks. "Thanks for not judging me."

"I would never judge you Will, never in a million years."

~

I'm not really sure what plan is for this story yet I think I'm gonna do like 20 more chapters or more depending on what ideas I get.
Next update will be soon....ish