December 1986

"What's with all the roses?" Max watches as Mike enters their shared house placing the many roses on the nearest table.

"They're for someone special" The boy blushes while taking a deep inhale of all the bright ruby red flowers.

"Will's a sucker for this kind of stuff, he's gonna melt when he sees this" Max smiles.

"That's not all I got, one second" Mike quickly rushes back outside to his car soon coming inside with a giant sized teddy bear with a red bow around the neck of the bear with Will's name engraved onto the material. "I plan to give this to him at the beginning of our date....too much?"

"For me yes, for Will he'll adore you" Max grins. "What are you planning for this date anyhow"

"That's my problem, I don't have a plan.....yet.
I really want to impress him and make him happy but I don't know how."

"I think all those flowers and that stuffed bear is enough to make him very happy and impressed" Max nods.

"Maybe....but I did promise him a date and I won't let up on that promise"

Mike pondered for a moment then his eyes lit up with an idea. "I've got"

Max looks up from her cosmo magazine that she only recently got into because that is all El reads when the two girls are together. "Got what?"

"a perfect date idea"

"Mikey can you please just tell me where we're going" Will whines in the passengers seat of Mike's car clearly getting impatient.

"We're almost there love" Mike smiles then rests a hand on his boyfriends knee giving it a gentle squeeze. Whenever Mike did this it always sent chills up Will's enter body in the best way possible.

Mike noticed that they were coming close to their destination causing a smile to grow on his face once again. The driving boy parks in the parking lot shutting the car off.

Mike turns to the brunette boy and smiles at him fondly.

"Well.....are you gonna finally tell me what the big surprise is" Will eagerly says.

Mike only gestures with a head nod for Will to follow him out of the vehicle, which he does in seconds wanting to know what it is that Mike is hiding from him.

Mike goes to the back of the car and begins popping the trunk leaving Will curious.

"I know how much you love romantic things so....to start off our perfect official date. Mike struggles to pull out the large teddy bear and flowers, after lots of pulling and tugging on the items he was able to proudly show the gifts to his now blushing boyfriend who stared at the rather large bear in awe.

"M-Mikey.....you didn't have to-"

Mike cuts the stuttering boy off ."You have been nothing but good to me since the day I met you Will Byers. I want to make you the happiest person on earth" Mike grabs a single rose out of the many and extends his arm to pass it over to the brunette boy who gladly takes hold of it. "You deserve about a million and more of those roses"

Will says nothing letting the rose fall from his fingertips, then stepping forward to leave a passionate kiss on Mike's soft lips. He pulls away and stares into his dark eyes. "I-I lov- " Will doesn't know what came over him in that moment, he struggled greatly to get the words out that he so desperately wanted to say....or did he want to say them?

Mike raises an eyebrow with confusion written over his features. "You what...?"

"I umm......nothing, sometimes you just take my breath away considering how handsome you are" Will's cheeks were bright pink from how much he was embarrassing himself. Mike only found this to be the cutest thing in the world.

"You know that you're the most adorable person ever, right?"

Will laughed and pecked his boyfriends lips. "I think that would be you wheeler"

He playfully rolls his eyes while putting Will's gifts back into the trunk for him to take later.

"Besides the amazing gifts....what else do you have planned" The brunette walks closely next to Mike.

"That is for you to see with those pretty eyes my dear" Mike takes hold of Will's soft hand interlacing their fingers.

~
Hiii yes I am back. I'm so sorry it took me so long to put up another chapter.
This is very short I apologize, but I am back to publish more frequently now. I needed a little break from this story because I found that I got writers block :(
Anyways new chapter will be up soon!!! 💕