January

Adding a new character to the story can you guess? :))

-
Will's alarm clock sounded throughout his bedroom, but that wasn't the only loud sound burdening the boys sleep. He rubbed his tired eyes and once he came to his senses, now realizing all the noise was coming from outside his bedroom window. He took a little peak out through his blinds seeing a large moving truck in front of the house next door. "What in the hell-" he grabbed his shirt that was dangling off the end of his desk chair and ran down the stairs to get a closer look at who was moving into the house that was almost never bought but always for sale.

"Mom...who's moving in next door?" He went to the living room couch bracing his knees on the couch cushion, leaning over the back of the chair to take a closer look through the living room window still waiting for an answer from his mom who was wiping down the furniture.

"The tozier family, did I not tell you last night?" Joyce finished wiping down the windows.

"No...how did you know about this from last night."

Joyce sighed growing tired of all Will's questions. "One of my coworker that I'm friends with needed a place to move in so I suggested here, the rest will be explained when they come over for dinner later. Now chop chop you don't want to be late for school.

"They are WHAT, mom please tell me I get to stay in my room for this" Will collapsed face first into the couch with an overdramatic thud onto the cushions.

"Absolutely not, there's a younger boy your age coming over, and I'm sure you'd love to make a new friend."

"Yeah mom...I think I'm gonna have to pass on that one". Will spoke with a muffled voice due to the fact that his face was in the couch.

Joyce chuckled."you don't have a choice dear, now get up lazy school awaits.

Will groaned and stood up from the couch making his way back into his room. He took one last glance at the moving truck and caught a glimpse of the boy. Will turned away from the window and sighed. He did not want to carry on with the rest of his day.

••••

"I remember when a family moved in across the street from mine, of course my mom had to bake a dumb pie for them, when we were invited over to dinner I hated ever second of it because their daughter Beverly was a total bitch" Max rolled her eyes.

"Wait you mean the red head Beverly that smokes like a chimney behind us in bio.

Max nodded her head.

"I hate her". Will shuddered.

"Don't we all. Max chuckles."But don't worry, just because I had a bad experience with a new neighbor doesn't mean you will, for all you know he can be your new best friend." Max shrugged

"I don't know about that, that's Mikes job"

"Well he isn't doing a very good job now is he." Max raises an eyebrow.

Will looked down and fiddled with his fingers knowing that Max was 100% right.

••••

"Will honey can you please set these forks up on the dinner table I have to take the meatloaf out of the oven"

Will's face scrunched up in disgusted taking the forks from her hand. "Meatloaf? Mom are trying to kill me, you know I hate meatloaf"

"Oh hush meatloaf is delicious"

"I beg to diff-"

The ring at the door bell caught them both off guard causing Joyce to frantically move around the kitchen nearly dropping the loaf.