January

"I'm heading out mom" Will tossed his book bag onto his back jogging towards the front door quickly.

Joyce stopped her son before he could get any further.
"What's the rush? you're 30 minuets early and you haven't even had breakfast"

"I promised Richie yesterday that I would show him around the school so he won't get lost..." Will already had one foot out the door he tried not to seem too eager in front of his mom.

"Oh, so I see you two have gotten along quite fast" Joyce smirked making Will's face beet red.

"Uh yeah I guess...bye mom" he darted out the door the second he finished his sentence wanting that awkward exchange to be over with.

Will was on his way until he heard his name being called causing him to slow his walking. Before he could even turn around a pair of arms were wrapped around his waist a warm tight embrace being given from behind.
"Guess who?" It was distinctly obvious who it was.

"Hey stranger...how come you aren't walking with your girlfriend"

Mike scratched the back of his neck

"She's kinda mad at me....didn't show up for the football game to watch her Cheer" Mike sighed.

"She's not the only one" Will muttered under his breath.

A silence set amongst them for a moment until  Mike decided to answer back to Will "What's that suppose to mean? Is there something you wanna tell me" Mike stopped walking but Will didn't stop and waved him off.

Mike wasn't gonna just let this slide, so he grabbed Will's arm and dragged him back towards him causing the smaller boy to stumble back on his feet and groan.

"Talk to me please" Mike pleaded spinning Will around to face him.

He frowned and looked everywhere els except at Mike who was instead looking directly into his brown puppy dog eyes.

"I-I just miss you ok, all you do is spend time with El. I barely see you anymore"

"I know and I'm sorry. El can be clingy at times. I came to walk with you today at least...."

"That's only because El is mad at you for her stupid cheer team, otherwise you wouldn't be here" Will started to loose his temper out of nowhere and began letting all his anger run free on Mike.

"I cant hang out with you every second of the day" Mike sniffled out a laugh thinking that he was being ridiculous.

"Fine Mike, go ahead and drop your best friend for some girl you've only known for two seconds, but never forget that I was the one that always stuck by your side" He rolled his eyes and turned around walking away from Mike on his own path to school.

Mike didn't bother chasing after him, not that he wanted to anyways. For years it's just been Mike and Will all the time and he was getting sick of that. Mike needed some space from Will just for a bit.
••••
Will reached the front of the school, from a distance he could see Richie looking around lost and alone. He chuckled and jogged up to him.

"Hey new kid" He smirked at the taller boy who had a look of relief upon his face when his eyes landed on Will.

"Thank fuck you're here I don't know where the hell I'm going, this is the second time since freshman year that I have moved schools". Richie explained.

"I get it I'd be freaked out too if I had to switch schools so suddenly, but you're in luck cause I'm here to be your tour guide" Will cheekily smiled.

"Lead the way then my tour guide" Richie smirked stepping back to let Will walk in front.

He pushed the metal doors open and held it for Richie to walk through. "I'll show you all your class rooms from your schedule that way you won't get lost"

"Sounds like a plan" Richie nodded in agreement. He then pulled out a small box from his pocket which brought curiosity upon Will. Until he noticed what the box was he almost grabbed it out of the taller boys hands and threw it, but he didn't.

Richie took a cigarette out of the box and flicked the lighter on making Will yelp. "Dude what the hell are you doing we're in school. I didn't even know you smoked" The chestnut haired boy snatched the cancer stick from his finger tips and threw it into the trash.

Richie looked stunned causing Will to furrow his brows.

"You do know you're not suppose to smoke in here...right?"

"Sorry I usually do it at my old school. I guess you could say I just came from a real shitty neighbor every kid was a drop out, a drug addict, kinda forgot where I am now" Richie blushed shoving his hands into his pockets.

Will looked a bit scared of him now. Richie noticed this and bit his lip thinking of what to say.

"I'm not like that though. he spoke quickly putting his hands up in defense. "The worst I've done is smoke"

Will gave him a soft smile "Hey it's ok, I don't judge. I can tell you wouldn't hurt a fly"

Richie let out a breath of relief. "Thanks for understanding"

"Of course, so shall we get on with the tour"

"Yes we shall"

Will lead the way once again first stopping at Richies locker which was given to him beforehand.

"Unfortunately you got one of the crappy lockers since you're new, the doors on these barely lock so I wouldn't put anything valuable inside" Will explained.

"All I have is books so I doubt anyone will steal those" He chuckles lowly.

"You would be surprise, one time some kid stole my history book with all my notes in it" Will laughed and rolled his eyes at the memory.

Will glances behind Richie from the corner of his eye to see Mike walking around as if he was looking for someone. Once Mikes eyes landed on the shorted boy he was immediately making his way towards him.

"Will, there you are I needed to tell you-

"Sorry, Mike I can't talk right now I'm helping Richie. He's new here". Will nodded towards the boy with the glasses who was awkwardly standing in between the two.

"You look like a nerdy version of me" Richie snorted but Mike only gave him a look of hurt and confusion

"I'm just kidding man, lighten up" Richie softly patted the boys back, but Mike didn't look amused this new kid was already pissing him off.

"Says the one with the coke bottle glasses" Mike rolled his eyes. "I'll talk to you at lunch then?" He looked back to Will who just wanted this confrontation to be over with.

"Yeah, Yeah sure, we have to go now bye Mike" Will practically dragged Richie away with him.

"Pfft who's that kid and what's his deal? he's very up tight, he definitely needs some pussy or something" Richie smirked.

"Ok now I'm definitely getting why you're mom called you trash mouth last night" Will laughed. "Anyways, that's probably one of my best friends well use to be" Will chewed on his lower lip. "I really miss him you know.....but he's always with his girlfriend now and maybe I'm jealous I don't know" Will stopped his babbling. "I'm sorry you probably don't want to hear about all this"

"What? No it's okay you can vent" Richie looked down toward Will with concern. Will felt...important by someone again and Richie was making him feel important. A slight smile appeared on the chestnut haired boys face. "Are you sure"

"I'm positive, in fact here's my number call at any time" Richie took Will's hand into his own while putting an ink pen to the palm of Will's hand. Right now Will hoped to god Richie couldn't hear how hard and fast his heart was beating in that moment.

"There, now you can vent to me pretty much whenever I'd love to listen" Richie was still holding the boys hand but soon let go a blush glowing on his cheeks.

~
I know this sucks and I'm sorry but school gets in the way and sometimes I'm just super uninspired. Thank you to everyone who genuinely enjoys reading this it truly warms my heart because of love doing this. <3