February

Writing to Mike and calling him helped Will to get through sleepless nights , much like tonight. He tossed and turned in his sleep. Only six hours from now he would be going to a new school with a new set of kids and classes. He was terrified.

Scenarios of tomorrow replayed over and over in his head. Scenarios of his classmates laughing and taunting him, school bullies like James and Troy back at Hawkins high school. The mind games his brain was playing became too over whelming for the poor boy to handle.

Will stood to his feet tip toeing out of his bedroom. The door creaked but thankfully Bobs snoring drowned out the noise of the squeaky door. Will had been in this house long enough to know which steps creaked and which ones didn't, so with that knowledge he was able to get up and down the stairs without making any loud sounds.

He reaches the kitchen and takes the house phone from off of the wall then dials in Mikes house phone number hoping he would answer. Will knew that it was quite unreasonable to be calling at this hour, but he needed to talk to him.

A few rings later a sleepy Mike answers with a raspy "Hello...."

"Mikey" Will breathes out in relief."I'm sorry to call so late." Will grips the phone out of pure nerves. He didn't know why he was so nervous, this wasn't the first time he talked to Mike over the phone.

"No no don't be sorry" Mike sounded a lot more awake now that he knew who it was that he was talking with. "what's wrong, are you ok?"

"I'm fine....well not really actually" Will was rambling and he felt as if he was already bothering Mike and he had only been on the line with him for twenty seconds. Even though Mike explained many times in the past that he loves hearing him talk, it was just impossible for Will to believe it being that his anxiety makes him think the world is out to get him. "Sorry um.....what I'm trying to say is, I start my new school tomorrow and I'm kinda freaking myself out. I needed to hear your voice.....to get me through the night" Will wrapped the cord of the phone around his fingers nearly getting tangled up in the wire.

Mike chuckled at this. Not to make fun of the boy but knowing that his own voice brought comfort upon Will made him feel happy and gave him a warm fuzzy feeling, a feeling Will constantly gave him. "Should I stay on till you feel tired?"

"Only if you want to. I know that you have school as well, I don't want you to be tired tomorrow" Will whispered through the phone.

"Don't worry about me, I wanna make sure you're ok...."

Will went scarlet red. "I don't mean to get all cheesy but......I wish you were here with me"

Mike smiles then bites his lower lip to stop his grin from growing. "When you tell me how much you miss me it only makes me miss you more" Mike sighs.

Will leans his back up against the kitchen wall his feet beginning to get pins and needles from standing in the same spot for so long. "Remember when you called me your boyfriend the day I left Hawkins...."

There was a silence on the other line for a moment which made Will's heart pound with anxiety. Then Mike answers with a simple "yeah, what about it"

"I wanted to apologize, for how I responded to that. I never really got the chance to tell you why I got so upset....it's not that I was upset at you but I was upset at the fact that I couldn't stay with you in Hawkins to be your boyfriend, and so I got angry and flipped out. It's not you're fault that we're apart. I never wanna hurt your feelings, ever.

Mike nodded even though Will wasn't able to see it. "You don't have to apologize. Trust me Will I get that it's hard moving away I completely understand the frustration, but just know I'm here waiting for you in Hawkins with open arms, ok?"