January

Mike could barely feel his finger tips in the 30 degree weather that also carried wind with the speed of light. He had to hold onto his beanie that was fighting to fly off with the breeze, but as soon as the blacked haired boy stepped in front of the Byers residence all the warmness regained to his body. With hesitation he brought his pale knuckles that were clenched into a tight fist of nerves, he banged on the door remembering that their door bell needed to be fixed.

Moments passed until Mike heard laughter behind the door accompanied by two people, one was Wills heavenly laugh of course, but the other wasn't as easy to make out since Mike didn't quite recognize it. Once the door opened the boys heart plummeted at the sight of Richies long arms around Wills body. Richie coughed pulling his hands back away from the small boy and up into his dark hair with one slick motion.

"Mike, what brings you here..." Nothing but shock was written on Wills pretty face, embarrassment on Richies face and hurt in Mike's.

Mike swallowed hard and shuffled in his pockets to find a pair of old blue gloves that once belonged to Will. He gave them to Mike last winter when the wheeler family went away on a surprise vacation upstate for Christmas, Will thought it would be the best idea to give Mike his gloves so that it would always feel like they are holding hands even when the two are apart.

"I uh, found your gloves from last winter I thought you might want them back"

Will's eyebrow raised and a visible but small smirk was present on his lips. "I gave you those to keep Mike. Is that actually why you stopped by?" A questioning look on his face.

Mikes eyes flicked up to Richie then back down at Will. "Y-Yes gloves are important you know since it's pretty...cold out" Mikes cheeks began to burn red. Will took notice of this then started to feel second hand embarrassment. So he invited him in.

"Why don't you come inside, my mom was just about to make me and Richie cookies you can join us. You don't mind, right Richie?"

Richie shifted to the side uncomfortably behind the brunette boy. "Yeah sure, Mikes my favorite doppelgänger" A fake smile spread across his face as he put an arm around Mike as soon as the boy stepped inside the house he hasn't been in what feels like forever.

"Ow!!hot tray hot tray" Joyce came rushing in with a tray filled with chocolate chip cookies steam hovering over each. The silver pan was placed on the dining room table. "Cookies are served boys!" Joyce then looked to Mike and smiles "Oh Will I didn't know you were inviting Mike over too"

"I didn't, he actually came here to give me back my gloves" Will snickered before finishing to say "From last Christmas, but I invited him in anyways"

"Well the more the merrier, there's enough cookies for everyone so dig in" With that Joyce left the room with a few magazines in her hand leaving the three boys in silence with the aroma of warm cookies.

"Well the cookies aren't gonna eat them selfs" Richie walked to the dining table and scooped a couple in his hand wasting absolutely no time. Will followed snatching as many as he can but still saving some for Mike who stood in the shadows watching the two.

Mike felt replace, and resented the fact that Richie has the nerve to be so comfortable with Will like that when they only met two seconds ago. Mike felt a pang of anger surge through him while watching the two boys smile at one another and giggle at each other stuff their faces with the sweet dessert. Mike was now on a mission to get him back. Get Will back.

"So Will, I heard a new line of comics are being put out at the comic store by marvel" He says interrupting their laughter. "I thought maybe we can stop by and read a few like we use to" Mike took up a few cookies for himself.

"Oh sure I'd love to,when do you wanna go?" Will looked genuinely excited about this hang out Mike was currently planning for the two.

Mike smiled at his brightened look, he missed it so much if only in this moment he could take him into his arms and hold him forever."Tomorrow, that's when they get released" He watched as a frown appears on the smaller boys face.

"Damn Mike I cant. I promised Richie we'd go see The Goonies" Will looked towards Richie who smiled at Mike, but it wasn't a friendly smile he could see the evil right behind it.

"Oh...ok" he felt his heart breaking in his chest and then says "Maybe some other time" He was hurt really hurt. In a way he thought this could be karma coming to bite him in the rear end for forgetting about his best friend, all those times he spent with El. This must be exactly how Will felt.

"Sorry Mike" Will says once again being sincerely apologetic. "What about Saturday?"

Mike opening his mouth to speak but was cut off by Richie cutting in to say

"But Will, I was gonna show you more skateboarding tricks Saturday. Remember?"

The raven haired boy only sighed in defeat. He truly was replaced. "It's alright Will, you're busy I get it" Mike grabbed up his coat putting it on his body.

"You're leaving already I was about to put on a mov-" Mike stopped him.

"I should go I have a ton of homework to attend to"

"Nerd" Richie coughed lowly over the hurtful word.

All that was heard was the slap of Will's hand to the back of Richies head followed by an "ow what did I do!"

"Ok well at least let me walk you out" Will grabbed his coat from the hook behind the door and unlocked it for Mike. The two were immediately hit with cold wind, their hair bowing in every direction.

Both boys kind of just stood there. Staring longingly at each other. They haven't done this in awhile and each of them missed the feeling in their stomachs and the pound of their heart in their chests whenever the staring contests would start.
"Since when do you spend so much time with the asshole" Mike suddenly spoke.

Will looked hurt at the use of the word asshole to describe his new friend because he flinched. "He isn't an asshole" he frowned while speaking. "He's really nice to me. Richie doesn't have many friends and....I'm glad I can be his, first best friend.

"Ouch, so what does that make me then" Mike fiddled with his fingers.

Will smiled, he did his very best to hide it because then he would have to explain why he's even smiling in the first place. 'Does he finally miss me' Will thought to himself.

"I never said he was my best friend" Mike stayed silent looking aimlessly at the world around him the sound of wind calming him.
D-Do you miss me?" Will finally asked realizing that there's no point in not asking him if he really wanted to know the answer.

"Yes, a thousands times yes, but I'm sure you don't miss me I mean you have a better looking cooler version of me in there who can skateboard. Mike lightly laughed but was still hurt by his own words.

Will sighed almost knocking Mike right over with a forceful tight hug around his torso. "Are you kidding I missed you like crazy" he talked into his chest squeezing the life out of Mike who didn't know what els to do but accept the warm embrace and hug him right back.

"Richie is great and all but he isn't you, nobody is better then you Mike"

~
This is short and boring I'm sorryyy, but I thought I should have the two love birds talk again so yeah. More coming soon <3