February

"I wanna ask Will out" Mike finally confessed.

Ever since New Years Will was a constant thought in Mikes mind. Today is Valentine's Day and what's a better time than Valentine's Day to ask someone out.

"On Valentine's Day? How cliché" Max chuckled. "But yet,very adorable..."

"It needs to be perfect, something that'll really blow him away" Mike sat in Max's computer chair spinning himself around on the wheels while pondering.

"I'd love to help Mike, but I have not a clue about romance. But I do know someone who does" Max took the house phone off the wall already dialing in a number.

"Dustin knows about romance?" Mike looked at the curly head of hair walk through Max's bedroom an hour after the girl had called him.

"I'm secretly a hopeless romantic, don't mention it" Dustin swung his bag from off of his back, dumping out three large books and some other junk.

"Uh what is all this anyway?" Max sorted through the stuff then picking up one of the books reading off the title "Romeo and Juliet" the redhead raises an eyebrow then let out a laugh "Holy shit Dustin you really are a hopeless romantic"

Dustin sighs going beet red. "For Christ sake give me that" he snatches the book from Max then turns to Mike. "So who's the lucky girl" Dustin smiles poking Mikes sides causing an unwanted giggle from Mike.

"Boy" Max coughs out earning a stern glare from Mike who was now all flustered.

"Boy?....Oh right! Of course" Dustin nervously chuckles. "Well then who might the lucky guy be?"

Mike held the back of his neck that grew hot "Um....i-it's Will"

"Will as in Will Byers. I knew it I fucking knew it! Lucas totally owes me twenty bucks" Dustin clapping his hands together in pure amusement.

"What the hel- you guys put a bet on us?" Mike scoffed putting his hands on his hips like a disappointed mom.

"It was an easy bet Wheeler, I had to. From the start I knew you guys were gonna be a thing"

"Are we that obvious...." Mike partly whispers to himself but mostly to Dustin.

"Don't worry I'm sure only I noticed, I tend to be pretty observant. So back to asking your lover out shall we" Dustin seated himself on the edge of Max's bed.

"Here's an idea. You should maybe incorporate something Will really likes when you ask him out" Dustin suggests while grabbing a pen and paper for Mike to start writing stuff down on. Mike grabs the paper and thinks hard. What does Will like? Mike thought to himself.

Mike then jumped up the second the idea popped into his head, it was as if a light bulb was dangling up above him. "I've got it. Will really loves art right. Both Max and Dustin nod attentively listening. "So maybe I can make a huge sign, something really eye catching, yeah?" Mike nodded.

Now the three stood in the very middle of Home Depot picking up cans of spray paint in all different colors, specifically colors of the rainbow.

"Are you sure you know how to do graffiti Max" Mike questioned balancing four cans of Yellow paint.

"Have you seen the skatepark? That was all mwah. I think I know what I'm doing" Max smiles confidently.

The eager group brings up all the cans to the register while getting weird stares from customers and workers with the amount of spray paint that was being purchased by three underaged teens.

After the purchase they all move quickly to their destination on their bikes trying to find the perfect place to spray paint the words "Will the wise? Am I wise enough to go on a date with you" it took Mike quite a bit of time to come up with that one, and it definitely earned a few laughs from Max who claims it's down right cheesy but Will would still love it either way.