Twenty seven

Hannah

It had been a few minutes since I rang the bell and the moment I wanted to press again, the door opened and a sleepy looking Zayn appeared in the doorstep.

His black hair was extremely messy, his cheeks pink from sleep as well as his eyes still slightly thick because of it. He wore dark grey sweatpants with a simple yet tight white shirt. Nonetheless, he still managed to look good, which was totally unfair but also rather bothering.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I overslept. Come in," He ran a few fingers through his messy hair and took a step aside so I could come on.

I gave him a small smile and stepped inside his house, being too happy about the fact that he didn't sound moody, "Don't worry about it." As soon as my shoes and jacket were off, I neatly put them away in his wardrobe and followed him towards the living room.

"Uhm, I'm going to take a shower and in the meantime you can go up to Zephaniah's room. I think he's still asleep, so do you want to wake him up? He's going to my mum so he can shower when I'm done." Zayn rubbed his sleepy eyes and gave me a small smile as he went upstairs.

"Alright, that's fine," I answered, following him upstairs and splitting our ways as he left to the bathroom and I went over to Zephaniah's room. Secretly being confused because, when did he ask me to do something instead of stating?

I knocked on the door, waited for a few seconds and then opened it since I didn't get a reaction. Light was seeping through his light grey curtains, the sun falling on his face, yet he was still peacefully asleep.

Walking over to the curtains, I fully opened them and crouched down in front of Zephaniah. Shephy was clutched to his chest, the new dog he got from me laying against the headboard. I smiled, knowing Zayn had probably put it there for the reasons I told him.

Soft tufts of air left his slightly parted lips as he breathed out, a small frown visible on his forehead as he slept. I really didn't want to wake him, seeing how he was still in a deep sleep, but I knew I had to, so I softly started to shake him.

"Zephaniah, wake up." I said softly. The boy stirred immediately, his mouth twitching and closing completely. "Zephy, it's time to wake up." I said again.

His eyes fluttered open and he stared at me for a while, processing that it wasn't his father but Ms. Hannah that woke him up. He rubbed his eyes with the palms of his hands and he yawned quietly.

He held Shephy up in the air, moving him towards me, "Woof, woof!" He exclaimed playfully, causing me to laugh as I didn't expect that to be the first words he spoke as he woke up.

"Good morning, sweetheart." I said softly, smiling when he gave me a small lazy smile.

"Morning, Ms. Hannah." He whispered and stretched his small body, sitting up right after that. His animal pajamas were crooked, strands of hair flying in every direction and the sight of it made me want to cuddle him, though I didn't want to scare him off so I didn't do it.

"So, I heard you're going to grandmas today?" Zephaniah hummed as he rubbed his sleepy eyes, once again resembling his father. "Is it okay if we take a shower now? Your dad wants you to be all clean when you arive at her house." I explained slowly.

Zephaniah frowned a little and played with his shirt, exposing his belly at times. "Uhm, b-but I usually take shower in t-the evening, but now I shower in the morning for grandma?"

"Yeah, so grandma can smell your amazing apple shampoo!" I smiled, Zephaniah blushing and smiling as well as he tried to get used to the idea of being showered in the morning instead of the afternoon.