Seventy three

Listen to Good Years - Zayn, please

Hannah

"Thank you so much for coming, sweetheart." Trisha sighed softly as she closed the door behind me, guiding me over to Zayn's living room.

Taking off my coat and shoes, I shrugged, giving her a smile. "No worries, Trisha, really. It's my pleasure."

"No, but seriously now. Zayn had given you days off and now I'm asking you to come over. I just- you can't plan sickness, can you?" She sighed, wiping her sweaty forehead with the back of her hand. "I need to bring Safaa to her hockey match so I really cannot stay but Zayn is too sick to take care of Zephaniah, who's sick as well."

I frowned sadly, bringing my stuff over to the wardrobe. Trisha had called me saying Zephaniah was sick, but hadn't mentioned Zayn being sick yet. "Did they catch it bad?"

"Zephaniah is throwing up almost every half hour, has diarrhea and a cough. Poor thing is exhausted," Trisha gave me a sad smile. "When I came downstairs, Zayn was preparing some water and light breakfast for Zephaniah, but his eyes were drooped, his cheeks on fire and he could barely keep his balance, his eyes rolling to the right constantly."

"I told him to get back to bed, but he was stubborn, saying nothing was wrong. The thermometer in his ear said otherwise. Fever." Trisha chuckled, shaking her head. "I had to drag him to his bed and the moment his head came in contact with his pillow- he was off to dreamland. That boy goes on until he practically falls down onto the floor."

I smiled a little, my cheeks unconsciously flushing pink as I thought about him, and me, and.. the kiss. Who would've thought?

My insecure thoughts about liking him were finally resting, and I felt at peace as I could tell the kiss meant more to Zayn than pure lust as well. It was the affection that needed to be released by the both of us, confirming the feelings that had started to blossom not too long ago.

It was my biggest insecurity at once, scared that once a guy would kiss me, they wouldn't feel the same about it like I would feel, like it wouldn't mean something to them, while that was already something important to me. I was never the type of girl to just give myself away like that.

Showing affection, and especially acting like it made me vulnerable, and I could easily get hurt when the guy would have different meanings with it.

Zayn, on the other hand, was something else. He wasn't like any other guy, and most importantly- he wasn't like Noah. I could tell how genuine he was, from the way he placed my hand on his cheek, the way his hazel eyes were boring into mine with nothing but admiration, how he let out short shaky breaths as he came closer to me, glancing between my lips and eyes for several times, asking for consent.

He meant something with it. I could just tell. Though, I couldn't help but feel more nervous to see him after that moment than my first few work days here.

"Hannah, sweetheart, is everything okay? Are you not feeling so well either?" Trisha waved her hand in front off me, startling me.

"I-I'm totally okay. You were saying?" I stuttered out, my heart fluttering as the kiss kept replaying in my mind.

Trisha smiled lightly, and I only now noticed she had put on her coat and shoes. "I put Zephaniah to bed as well, in his own room. Just check on them some time? He will probably throw up in a bit," she said sadly, waving at me. "Thank you so much for coming, Hannah. See you later!"

"Bye," I managed to bring out, already walking over to the stairs. Feeling nauseous because of the nerves, I still walked upstairs and noticed that Trisha had left both of their bedroom doors slightly ajar.