Sixty eight

Zayn

"Thank you so much for joining me to do this," I said sheepishly, glancing at Hannah who was adjusting her red beret on her brown hair.

Hannah smiled, shrugging. "It's more than okay. I'm glad you asked me. See, asking for help is not a bad thing. You're starting to learn things, old man." She nodded her head in some sort of approval. Only because of you.

I rolled my eyes, though my cheeks burned up anyway. Why'd she have such an effect on me. It wasn't fair. But if I minded it, was another question.

We strolled through the busy streets, searching for a right clothing shop for Zephaniah. He was growing more and more each day, obviously, and his clothes were starting to get too small, so I decided to go out to buy some new clothes for him. I'd usually do it with my mum, as he would be at school, but as I hadn't been working much in these past few hectic weeks- I had no choice and do it on my free day.

Mum was watching Zephaniah, and I had sheepishly asked Hannah if she wanted to join me in this, oh so great, shopping adventure.

Honestly, I had always hated shopping. It gave me headaches, and I'd become moody in no time. Online shopping was more my thing, but not practical when it came to Zephaniah as he was rather small for his age, therefore I had to see it in real life if I wanted to buy the right size.

"Which shop do you usually go to?" Hannah asked as she stuffed her small hands in the pockets of her coat, to keep them warm.

I shrugged, slightly and thoughtfully narrowing my eyes as I looked at her, "Honestly, I don't even know the name. I usually just go inside a shop, search for the kids section and see if there's something 'Zeph like'."

Hannah nodded, scanning the busy crowd in front of us as we tried to make our way through it without getting bumped against to too hard. "I'd do the same. Not so fond of shopping either,"

"No?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows in surprise.

"No, not for myself at least. Gives me headaches. Too much to see, and I'm super picky so, it's not really my cup of tea." Hannah shrugged, making me smile.

So, we did relate with at least one thing. "Same," I still smiled, actually liking it way too much that we shared the same thoughts and feelings on something.

Hannah bumped my shoulder, showing her dimples as she gave me a light smile. "Hey! Glad we relate,"

"Me too," I mumbled shyly, looking away. "But.. but you don't mind shopping for Zeph, do you? I mean, you could've watched him too, then I would've asked my mum but I thought since it's your day off I'd take you somewhere else instead of watching Zeph again-"

"You're cute when you ramble," Hannah cut me off, raising her eyebrows and hands in defense when I gave her a look. "I'm just saying,"

I chuckled, shaking my head, while looking away. "Whatever. I was just trying to be reasonable," I pouted, to which Hannah laughed.

"Yeah, you kinda failed. You could've just told me shortly that you wanted me to be with you today. I wouldn't have minded that answer." Hannah shrugged, making my cheeks flush red, because hello?! Where did she get the confidence from lately?

"You're, you're so.. ugh," I shoved her away, accidentally causing her to bump against a man, who scolded her for it.

My face turned even redder, gulping when I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back to me. "Oh, I'm so sorry, Hannah, I.."

Hannah simply laughed. It sounded soft, it sounded so sweet and I wondered what made me feel and think like this so much today. It confused me, to the max. "It's fine, Zayn."