Twenty eight

Hannah

Zayn wrapped his arms around Zephaniah, hugging him close to his chest, his eyes closing as he squeezed his son tighter, "Bye, bye, Zeph. Be good for grandma, yeah? Daddy loves you."

Zephaniah wrapped his arms around Zayn's neck and stayed like that for a while, his eyes staring into the distance, "Bye daddy, gonna m-mmiss you, baba."

"I'm going to miss you too, but guess what I heard?" Zayn said, slowly pulling away from his son.

"What?" Zephaniah looked at him curiously, his green eyes wide.

"Nana made your favorite cookies," Zayn whispered into his ear, "But don't tell her I told you! It was a secret."

Zephaniah's mouth fell open and he looked at Zayn with wide eyes, briefly glancing at me before turning his attention back to his father, "Daddy!" He whisper-exclaimed, "Never tell secret! But it's a g-good one."

I couldn't help but laugh, Zayn joining me as he looked at me. I was going to bring Zephaniah to Trisha soon, while Zayn would work in his office as it was his workday today.

"Well, I'll see you on Friday, yeah?" Zayn ruffled his hair and handed him his little animal themed suitcase. "Love you, buddy."

Zephaniah pecked Zayn's lips for one last time and waved at him, "Bye, baba. Love you t-too. To the sun and b-back!"

Zayn smiled fondly at him and blew another kiss, making eye contact with me. "Uhm, can you, like, possibly come back to my house after dropping him off? I need to ask you something."

"Oh, sure." I nodded, a warm feeling appearing in my stomach which I wasn't even sure of why that happened. "See you, then."

After we said our goodbyes, me and Zephaniah sat down in the car. I helped him with his seatbelt, put on his favorite CD and drove off towards Trisha, which wasn't farther than half an hour.

"Is C-cooper home?" Zephaniah asked and I smiled. He's warming up more and more each day.

"Yeah! He is. Next time I'll bring him again, okay?" I told him as I glanced at him, focusing back on the road as we entered the traffic lights.

Zephaniah nodded quickly, "Love Cooper," He whispered and smiled by himself as he stared out of the window, his legs swinging slowly.

The rest of the drive was fairly quiet, with me speaking up to him occasionally, but left him alone as he was into his own staring world.

Once we arrived, Trisha was already stood in the doorstep, her smile widening as she saw us stepping out of the car.

Zephaniah grabbed his suitcase and I took his extra little backpack with Shephy and his other own toys and medication for his epilepsy. "Hi, nana." He said shyly when we arrived at their doorstep.

"Zephy!" She exclaimed, putting his suitcase down and lifting him up, "How are you doing, my sweet boy?"

Zephaniah blushed, "Good, nana. Is B-boris home?"

"Yes, he is! And what do I see? Did Ms. Hannah bring you here?" Trisha gave me a warm smile, her eyes squinting slightly as she did so, crinkles forming around them.

Zephaniah turned his face to me and he nodded, a shy smile visible on his face, "She showered me too a-and dress me. Daddy has t-to work."

"Oh, I see. Well, I think we should give Hannah something to drink, don't you think?" Zephaniah nodded at Trisha's words. "Come inside, love. You've got time, right?"

I didn't really have the time to answer, as Trisha grabbed my wrist and softly pulled me inside. "Yeah, yeah." I replied, quickly snatching Zephaniah's suitcase from the doorstep as she gave the door a light kick to close it.