Seventy nine || the end

Zayn

"Who wants a.." I stopped, searching for the sticky note I had put on the sandwich bag. "Grilled chicken sandwich?" I chuckled, knowing who was going to raise his hand first.

Zephaniah raised his hands not much later, crawling over to me as we sat down on a blanket I had laid out on the grass. "I want grill-grilled chicken, baba."

"What a surprise," Hannah whispered, her eyes squinting as she smiled.

I laughed softly, unpacking the sandwiches for Zephaniah as he didn't like touching the plastic sandwich bags. Handing him the sandwiches, I ruffled his hair. "There you go,"

"Thanks you, d-daddy," he said quietly, sitting back down as he started eating the two grilled chicken sandwiches.

I wanted to grab the next one, but Hannah had the same idea, making our hands collide. Taking my hand back, I looked up at her, smiling. "Take it,"

Hannah chuckled, though her cheeks colored rosy. "Nutella. You want some?"

"Yeah, I've got some strawberries we can add on top. You can have one as well, I've brought more," I smiled, opening the bag, whilst Hannah was still holding it.

The sun had been shining fully today, warming our skin as we were seated outside on the grass, a few trees surrounding us. Zephaniah really wanted to picnic today, so of course we agreed to it.

I glanced at Hannah, feeling warm. Because although we had confessed our feelings to each other, we were still rather careful with showing them, as I had wanted to talk to Zephaniah first.

We would do it together, today, but for now, we just wanted to enjoy the food, the sun, Zephaniah, Cooper and each other as we listened to the birds chirping.

It was quiet, peaceful as it was Sunday. Zephaniah had wondered why Hannah came over today as it wasn't his 'play day' with her, little did he know that this news was probably going to change his life.

"Strawberries on Nutella?" Hannah frowned, opening the small box where I had stuffed in loads of strawberries. "Never had that before."

I shrugged, chuckling. "I think it's good. Me and Zeph tried weird combinations once. I ended up inventing a lot of delicious things, though, Zeph ended up throwing up,"

"Poor little man," Hannah chuckled, tapping Zephaniah's cheek who looked up in surprise, smiling at her.

"You should try it," I suggested, placing the strawberries on top of my open Nutella sandwich. Taking a bite, I licked my lips after that, holding it up to her mouth.

She quickly glanced at Zephaniah, who was once again- oblivious to the situation and she quickly took a bite, her eyes widening. "This is so good! I can't believe I've never tried this before,"

"I told you," I smiled, briefly pressing my hand to her soft cheek, making her smile. I wanted to kiss her, but I had told myself I really needed to explain Zephaniah first, as I didn't want him to think it was normal to just kiss any woman. And besides, it was still Ms. Hannah to him. He wouldn't understand the situation.

I did scoot a little closer to her, the three of us finishing our sandwiches in silence as we listened to the lost birds, singing highly in the bright blue sky.